hello everyone

by purrpurr 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

I liked your post Giordano.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

Welcome, Purr, glad you are here.

Magnum wrote, " You seem to have a humble attitude. I believe that’s important."

I wholeheartedly agree. I think that a humble attitude is necessary to admit that our minds have been decieved and ensnared by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and their representatives.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“purrpurr”: “. . . yet again it just seems like the GB are just trying to explain why the new system isn't here yet. . . . the society says that its good that it hasn't come yet because more people have had the chance to come into the truth. . . .”

I think that the post by “Magnum” (on page one of this thread) answers that pretty well: “In fact, since more people are being born today than they were a few decades ago, there will actually be MORE who don't get a chance than there would have been then.”

“disposable hero of hypocrisy”: “I've had lots of tiny doubts for decades ( trumpet blasts = ohio convention, flip floppery about sodom and gomorrah, dodgy explanations of 'generations, really? ) but I've come to the point of not believing any of it now. But I'm still in. Got good friends and family, at the moment the cost of keeping them is keeping my mouth shut and attending some meetings, while doing a very token ministry. Fair price at the moment for me(other reasons apply too).”

That sure sounds like my own current situation exactly!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Welcome!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you have joined us here on "the dark side", lol. Just kidding, actually we are shining the light the deceptive practices of the Watchtower. It's a tough transition, if you have family or friends you will lose, but it is possible to move on and have a great life, free from the constant guilt of the Watchtower. I have been out almost 14 years now, my only regret was not leaving sooner.

Lisa

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

As someone said (I don't know who to credit with the original quote) "Better to have questions that I can't answer than answers that I can't question."

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

We all feel a bit naughty posting for the first time. Welcome to the forum, it gets easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit