Was russel Fremason?

by happy man 21 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

I find this on unother board and i think it proof realy good that russel dont was a Mason.

"There is no evidence that the 1913 discourse was an attempt to lay an issue at rest. There is no evidence that it was
    thought that Russell was a Mason at the time. If Russell wanted to lay an issue at rest the talk would have apperared in
    The Watch Tower. Russell certainly did not write a book called "The Temple". Your suggesting that he did indicates to
    me that you rely entirely on secondary material and have not examined Russell´s writings carefully yourself. By the way I
    gave the wrong date for his talk - my memory served me wrong. Actually the talk was given on Monday, June 16,
    1913. Russell was on a tour in the West. He had given a talk in San Diego on June 14 and another one in Santa Ana on
    June 15. He travelled to Portland, Oregon on June 17. There was a three days convention in San Fransisco and the hall
    that was rented was owned by the Masons. This fact and nothing else seems to be the reason for his talk on "The
    Temple of God". Renting masonic halls was not uncommon as such sometimes were the best halls, if not the only ones,
    available. In Sweden to this day a number of masonic halls are rented by the public for all kinds of activities, simply
    because they are good halls. Russell would talk to all kinds of audiences trying to spread his message and in doing so
    trying to reason from the listeners´ perspective. Now my friend, Russell specifically DENIED ever having been a Mason
    in his talk aimed at the Masons. He did not admit that he was one or had been one. Make sure you have what Russell
    actually said and did not say!

I understand you did not mean "three worlds" to refer to the three world wars you say were written about by Pike.
    However, Russell still did not relate to what Pike may have stated. And his knowledge in advance was very deficient to
    say the least. If you had read what Russell wrote on world conditions in every issue of his journal, you would see for
    yourself that Russell´s views were based on anything but secret conspiracies.

I mentioned Voltaire because he was an antisemite connected with Weisshaupt. The Rothschilds in Frankfurt were not
    atheists but supporters of the ORTHODOX movement challenging the liberal one that held sway. In the end they won!
    It is difficult to imagine that the Rothscilds should further a cause that was so foreign to the Jewish thinking of their
    Rabbis and antisemitic at that! And The Rothschilds had not risen to any particular prominence when Weishaupt was
    living, so he could hardly rely on them or draw them into any conspiracy. But I will certainly do careful research on the
    Rothschilds, which I had planned to do for other reasons anyway. I surely fail to see, anyway, why the zionist
    movement must be part of a conspiracy. And Russell was but one of many who was interested in zionism at the time. If
    you have not read ARMAGEDDON NOW! by Dwight Wilson (1991) you will find lots of relevant information in it.

It was Russell´s sister Margaret Russell Land who stated in 1907 (documented!) that she, Charles Taze, their father and
    others were baptized in 1874. For young Charles this would hardly be necessary if his religious activities were merely a
    fasade for his true dedication to a secret conspiracy. For as a child he must have been "baptized", being born into a
    presbyterian family. Margaret says Russell was 17 when his eyes were "anointed" By God. No angelic visits mentioned
    anywhere. Since Russell was only 24 years old when he met Barbour he certainly could not have known of a
    conspiracy "several decades" previously. That would have been before his birth!

I also want to comment on the date of his death, October 31. You indicate that the fact that this was Halloween was
    significant. But people seldom choose the day they die, do they? If he had died on good Friday, would that had made
    Russell more palatable? Lots of people die on October 31.

Russell did not arrange for a pyramid to stand on the Society´s burial ground. It is not mentioned in his Will. It was not
    built until a few years later, which would be unthinkable if it had been his idea.

Russell consistently wrote against Christians supporting the Masons and other secret orders. The most natural
    explanation is that he meant what he wrote and that, hence, he was not a mason, just as he at least twice stated he had
    never been. To this day the Society is opposed to membership of secret lodges. There are example of this given in the
    literature and I personally know one case myself. A successful saleman I know had to give up all ties to the Odd
    Fellows before he could be accepted for baptism. He made a deal with his former friends that he would never reveal
    what he had experienced and he says he would not dare to do so.

It was good that you expanded on what you consider evidence for Russell´s secret agenda. I will check on it, but
    without SOLID PROOF from some letter or membership lists what you state remains unconvincing.

I may write you directly. It seems nobody else will enter the discussions anyway."
    If you will read more of this go to canal C and read the disscussion beetwen Rud Persson and Fat jack.

• RR
    RR

Yes it's true, Russell was NEVER a Free mason, and yet with all the hoopkla about him being one, NO ONE has been able to show one shred of evidence.

• avengers
    avengers

Spiritual Food at the Proper Time
    "For over a century, delightful, correct words of truth covering every aspect of life have been presented in the Watch Tower Society's publications .." the Watchtower, December 15 1990, p. 26

List of prophecies, predictions and claims made by THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY (WTBTS), the official organisation of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, which actively preaches that it is God's sole chosen representative on earth. All quotations are fair and direct, and taken from Watchtower publications only.

"For over a century, delightful, correct words of truth covering every aspect of life have been presented in the Watch Tower Society's publications .." the Watchtower, December 15 1990, p. 26
    1874 ".. this measurement [of a length of an interior passageway discovered inside the Pyramids - it has no reference in Scripture] is 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years .. This calculation shows A.D. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble" {TKIC 1897 ed 342} [In ZWT Nov 1 1904 326, he further justified the "3416 inches" by writing "We cannot therefore see how any longer measure for the passage could be possible." It is strange then that TKIC 1916 ed was changed to read: "We find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years .. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 will be the beginning of the time of trouble .." It should be noted that C.T.Russell, the founder of the Watchtower Bible and tract Society, was a pyramidologist, a spiritist, a Knights Templar (Free)Mason (of York Rite, Allegheny Pa.), and believed in healing-handkerchiefs, phrenology, the Winged-Sun-Disk, Enochian Magical planes and many other strange things, a few of which are illustrated by quotations later in this text. There is space for less than 1% of what could have been included! The symbolisation of years as inches is a complete nonsense, as the ancient Egyptians never used the inch as a measuring unit!]

Russell himself said: "I am a Free Mason"

He's buried under his pyramid, with the Watchtower engraved in it next to the Masons "home".

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

avengers,

Absolute rubbish. Russell was slightly preoccupied with masonic symbology and the Great Pyramid. Otherwise he had nothing to do with freemasonry.

Russell said "I am a Free Mason" but you completely ignore the context of his remarks. Later in that text he also said "I have never been a Mason" and admitted that he knew little about masonic customs. I have other interviews and QA sessions from him which show his lack of knowledge regarding Masonry.

And Russell was NOT buried under a pyramid. Tell me, do you know who put that pyramid where it is?

• avengers
  • avengers
    avengers

I find this on unother board and i think it proof realy good that russel dont was a Mason.

Heil Hitler. Congrats on your spelling.

• avengers
    avengers

slightly preoccupied with masonic symbology and the Great Pyramid.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

what a crock. and that's called the True Religion.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi happy man,

so what if he started out a mason, or didn't start out a mason???

he ended up claiming to be god's mouthpiece>>>>> duet 18:20

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

avengers,

That Freeminds video proved nothing and answered nothing. The pyramid is not above Russell's grave. Now. Who put the pyramid where it stands? Answer that question.

By the by, while I admire Russell's ransom doctrine, I don't believe it. Nor am I a supporter of any religion except for Nothingism (I only pretend to be a Last Thursdayist).

The problem with people like you is you see something on TV or on some website and automatically assume that since it is on TV or on a website it HAS to be true.

• avengers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit