Wow! What a day...

by kairos 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

That reminds me of an afternoon working at home, where I listened to a futurist discuss the upcoming changes to transportation. It was mind-boggling, that's for sure! Hubby claims to ignore my work stuff, but he was sitting beside me and he heard it all. He had several days of dissonance, trying to make paradise and the coming armageddon as being more important than this news of an exciting future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euuzshQtKQ0&list=PL6CFCE860010958B4

(*Warning - an hour long)

P.S. He asked several times if the locally popular Ford 150 might be one of the leased vehicles of the future, LOL!

• kairos
    kairos

The conversation was intense.

First I read from pages 77-79 of C of C and then spoke about the FACT that one man had been running the ORG from 1874-1976, not a GB.

That was enough for her for one day...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Mm, that's a good point to make. Apparently the GB started with the apostles, then when they died it went away until 1976, by which time almost all modern Witness doctrine had been developed. I'm glad she's willing to listen to at least a little of what you're learning.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Give her space to think it through.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Let it go ...

• kairos
    kairos

Today was just a nice day. All one could hope for, really.

This will take time.

It took me nearly 4 years to be where I am right now

• TheListener
    TheListener

Best of luck Kairos.

• flipper
    flipper

KAIROS- Hang in there buddy. You are doin' good with your wife. It takes time for sure. But just the fact that your wife allows you the freedom to NOT go to meetings without hassling you or causing a civil war is a very good thing indeed ! You are fortunate that she respects your right to exit the cult without it curtailing your relationship. Many are not so lucky. Keep giving her lots of love and similar respect and some day her light may turn on as well like your light did about the injustices of the JW belief systems. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• kairos
    kairos

I'm going to continue to do my best!

She ( my wife ) will allow me to read to her from a variety of sources.

We're going to start with OTWO's book today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit