New Direct Donation Link on JW.org

by Stirred 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Stirred
    Stirred

Hello -

I have been offline for a bit while implementing "phase move." I just logged into JW.org to find out times/locations for local kh to choose from (needed for phase 2 ).

After logging in, I find the usual options plus a NEW option I didn't know was added....

MY PREFERENCES

- My Password

- My User Profile

- My Donations

Obviously I missed the announcement....one way or the other....and maybe also missed prior postings here. I don't know why, but this surprises me especially since I see cards listed that are not debit-related and it seems like it may be saying okay to using debt-based cards vs. debit cards. I guess I'm just a bit old-fashioned.....and still surprised.

It feels so.....Big Brother. Like my personal details are in there and now they will offer convenient link to donate (get it) but in this situation, I was always taught to be anonymous. It just smacks of another detail/report card I'll be tracked - not tracked by.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

I hadn't noticed this link....

Was this through the log in that only appointed men get if you have a role in the congregation?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Be careful where you click on that site, unless you can "donate" using a bad account number that will cost the washtowel more money for nothing. And, unlike when I pay for my silver, you get nothing to show for it. They can donate 200 toilet papers using a credit card, I can pay the same for 8 ounces of silver, and both are in the hole the same amount. They have nothing to show for it, because joke-hova does not appreciate anything. They get hounded to donate more than they can afford, and that can amount to substantial debt. At least with my silver, I can stop when I cannot afford it at this time.

Worse even is when they accept donations via mobile apps. You can easily end up in debt several months' salary or more, with nothing to show for it. This is as bad as blowing money on big screen TVs, fancy new computers, MP3 systems, even a brand new car. But, at least blowing money can be fun, and you get something to play with for a while (or, if you blow it smartly, it might save you money down the road). You "blow" money on silver and gold, you keep the silver and gold--and eventually you get a pretty sizable stack. This stack can see you through total loss of value of the currency. With washtowel donations, you get nothing but damnation.

• Stirred
    Stirred

Dear Stuckinarut -

i am not an elder...just plain r&f "sis" who is in midst of great change and questioning, but still believe in God and Jesus You can find this new link after you Login for general Witnipess. you will find link to login st JW.org home page. I rhink top right corner. If you have never logged in before, you can register. It allows you to find locations of meetings or conventions.....and now to donate to "mother."

Dera WT Wizard - i don't intend to use this link....ever. i agree that holding some precious metals is wise.....wiser if done many years ago as the barrier to enter is quite high now. I think all should avoid debt anywhere if possible. I bet soon we may see PayPal offered as another option.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Is it to donate blood?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Awww...the poor things aren't getting enough in "donations" for their "free" literature, so they're going to have to hit you up to donate every time you access their "wondrous" website, where you can find so much "spiritual food" from "Jehovah."

After all, they ARE a publishing business, aren't they? And money means a LOT to them.

• Stirred
    Stirred

The donation link is not yet on the public home page. It is only visible after logging in. I not so subtle reminder to donate if you hadn't done so at meeting, convention or assembly. Or maybe to encourage more so you can be traced as a good donor. I remember when I was first reaching my limit many months ago now when local needs talk conducter stated that our donations are as important as field service. You read it right, AS IMPORTANT as field service. He went even further to state that your donation made you "right" with God. So if you've been a slacker in other areas of service or meeting attendance, etc. you can make up for it with a big check.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Make sure that if you a credit card on their site that it is secure(no third party) before giving your credit card number.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow 'stirred'.....he really said that?

Thats just amazing....are the average witnesses just that stupid now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit