Watchtower Tells Us "Employers Seek JWs Only" Yet Most JW Employers Avoid Hiring JWs, Why?

by BucketShopBill 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Mary is a hypothetical person facing a situation that some Christians have faced. The way she handles the situation represents how some have applied Bible principles in similar circumstances.

In their Commentary on the Old Testament, Keil and Delitzsch state that a person would be guilty of error or sin if he “knew of another’s crime, whether he had seen it, or had come to the certain knowledge of it in any other way, and was therefore qualified to appear in court as a witness for the conviction of the criminal, neglected to do so, and did not state what he had seen or learned, when he heard the solemn adjuration of the judge at the public investigation of the crime, by which all persons present, who knew anything of the matter, were urged to come forward as witnesses.”

So, if you know of a pedophile, and "knew of their crime", "could appear in court as a witness," "neglected to do so" What would happen to you?

Would you be DF'd? Lose your life at Armageddon? In many of the pedophile cases among JW's that I have read, it's the people who "stand up for what is right," who "go before the judge to testify" that get DF'd. The honest ones get punished, & get called apostates...

Why? for "speaking against the glorious ones,' for testifying in court "in opposition to the WT."

• smiddy
    smiddy

Google"crimes committed by jehovahs witnesses" and then let them tell us they are the most honest and trustworthy people on earth.

Every crime you can think of has been committed by a practicing jehovahs witness .

And while you wade through this extensive list , remember they, the JW`s , are just a small sect.

smiddy

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I have worked a lot with witnesses. When I was 18 I was heavily exploited by a witness building firm.. doing seriously hard manual labour that started at 4am and finished often after dark around 6pm for 6 days a week. For this slave labour I was paid a measly £35 a week. Then I would turn up at meetings covered in building dust and dirt and be looked down on for falling asleep during the ministry school and for not wearing a shirt and tie.

They can be very precious about their work. They have the idea that everything they do and say and touch and think is Holy.. so even if they are scrubbing your floors they think that their labour is sanctified.. and they expect you to think the same.

Yes some people like to employ witnesses but usually only for very low, unskilled entry level menial work.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had occasion to witness a few of my "witness freinds" take on their fellow witnesses , a couple of who were elders because they beleived they were hard done by , and a quote I remember to this day by an Elder who was previously a missionary was , Dont confuse business with religion , one does not equate one with the other .

For some how or another nobody seemed to remember the scripture dont take your brother to court .

smiddy

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BucketShopBill:

While it may sound unfair to paint all JWs with the same brush, it sounds to me as if the bad outweighs the good with regard to them as employees, sadly... There are just too many issues with them and this criticism is justified.

In my opinion (having worked my whole life full-time even while I was a JW), a JW employee need not be a liability to a potential employer if he/she needs to work for a living and has a responsible job and respects boundaries and realizes the job comes first (this was where I differed from other JWs)......The reason I can say this is because I knew I had only myself to rely on and I would be up that famous creek without a paddle if I screwed up my job...

Certainly the religion (who criticized me for working, mind you) was not going to support me. While not fool-proof, I feel that somebody who has to support themselves for a living, is less likely to do the usual stupid things that many JWs do in the workforce because they do not know how the real world works and are not interested in fallout from their actions, like when they breach a confidentiality.

Also, a JW who has to support themselves and knows how the real world works is less likely to leave a disaster in their wake because they know they would get a bad reference and would be panned.... Whereas, some other stupid fool (who never wanted to be in the workforce anyway) doesn't give a rats ass if they create a melt-down somewhere because of their stupidity.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Long Hair Gal,

Brilliant post. Attitude towards the job is everything.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

A bro in our Cong used to do painting, plumbing, just about everything as a side job. So a sister hired him to do some work in her home and of course since he's a brother you can leave them in the house and go about your business. The sister came home a bit early and found him asleep on her bed.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

(I haven't read all the posts, so apologize if redundant)

I think some of the issue is similar to hiring family. If you hire and then have to fire family, you create awkward family reunions. You have to see them again. They don't just go away.

The same is true of JW's. Many JW employers hesitate to hire JW's because they will have to see and deal with them again in the congregation or circuit if things go wrong.

I think many JW's are good, clean, honest employees - though not 100% of course.

It's best to think long and hard before mixing business with family, friends, or religion. Many JW employers know this.

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit