vRemember Those in the Full-Time Service

by thedog1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

This paragraph assumes that everybody would pioneer if they could, and by implication condemns those who through their own choice, free will, conscience etc. decide they do not want to pioneer.

I was brought up to believe that

21 For then there will be great tribulation (affliction, distress, and oppression) such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now—no, and never will be [again].( AMP https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2024&version=AMP)

I felt everyone should pioneer if they could.

• Daisychaindream
    Daisychaindream

I was brought up to believe the same. The guilt when I came off pioneering was staggering (this was when I still believed the paradise was imminent)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Greetings thedog1

Going door-to-door to teach religion (proselytising), instead of the liberating gospel of grace (evangelising) is morally reprehensible at best, and apostasy at worst.

(Matt 23 esp v15. Also search "legalism" and "experiment that failed" and "custodial function" in the Watchtower library.)

Why is it that the gospel (according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms) can be found in the Watchtower library, but not in the hearts nor on the lips of those who follow the Watchtower hierarchy and organisation?

How do they manage to call themselves "publishers of the Good News" whilst ignorant of it, and whilst promoting its very opposite?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit