Jehovah's Witnesses took over my hotel in June (Please read).

by Joliette 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

There was a convention in Milwaukee from June 20th-22nd. The Witnesses literally took over our hotel! They were more demanding than I remember when I was a kid. They were demanding coffee, walking into the breakfast area when our breakfast area was not opened. I work in a hotel, and the convention was literally 20 mins away from our hotel. The witnesses were trying to get me to go, I was going to go the last day, but I decided not to. Also they were complaining about their bills; a lot of the bills did not have the correct J-dub discounts on them. For one, I am overweight, and going through skin issues at the moment. If anything, I dont like being around crowds of people.

One of the witnesses who I helped with a reservation(s). He told me he was an elder from Minnesota, and that he knew Larry Graham and Prince (name dropper). He gave me a hug and kissed me in front of his pioneer wife! I was shocked. A witness couple was trying to get my coworker to come to the convention also. I told my coworker STRAIGHT up that its a cult and NOT TO GO!!!! And that it ruined my life!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sounds chaotic.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yes it was. Imagine a lot of witnesses trying to hand you watchtowers.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

He gave me a hug and kissed me in front of his pioneer wife! I was shocked.

What was this all about?

• zeb
    zeb

Hi J.

I recall an arrogance that appeared at conventions. Parking was one. Just drive up any old fashion park badly and when enough jw do that then carparks are underfilled. I protested this once and the feeble reply i got was that the carparks being new had no white lines. I said this is rubbish as everyone who gets a drivers licence knows how to park.

I suggested to that the carpark attendants be instructed to direct early comers to the rear of the carparks and that meant those coming from afar and missing out on better seating could at least park better, a sort of leveler if you like. "It couldnt be done" a memorable quote. The other was seating. At my last ever convention a sister was precluded from sitting a leg friendly area as all the offspring of 'infirm' parents just had to sit with them in the 'infirm' seating area and when she and family climbed up the stairs in no little distress to our area an 'orderly brother and family refused to move back one row to allow this lady the more open seats he and his brood were using. Her husband barely kept his cool, she burst into tears saying she had just come out of hospital etc. This family left the convention i gave them my details as moral support and I wrote a firey report to the wts over this. No reply.

I wont forget her words when she said "Its the most selfish time of the year for Jehovahs Witnesses".

Yes put an attendants sticker on some cocky little men and they think they are god.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

HAHA!!! Prince and Larry Grahm!! The "crystal blue persuasion" generation, eh?? What an idiot. I am sorry you had to endure that. Trust me, it was better than being at the convention.

DD

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ alphaman:

I helped him with his reservation(s). I mentioned to him that my parents were Jehovahs witnesses. He remembered my name and mentioned me to the 2nd shift front desk person. When he finally saw me working 3rd shift, he and his wife were coming back from the convention. I saw him in the hallway, he says thank you, and gives me a kiss and a hug! I was so shocked, especially since he did this in front of his wife. He said that was his way of saying thanks for helping me with his reservation(s).

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Cheap jerk. Hasn't he ever heard of a tip?

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

Yeah, the International Conventions in Detroit are across the street from my loft. They come off as horrible, horrible people in general - I can relate. I'm actually out of town for this one (this is the second of two this year), thank goodness.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Why did they have to complain about the JW rebate? Was this overlooked? I remember going to some cities, when you had no choice to book a room, because of the approved Lodging List. Then the Hotel Administration got deceitful, and ripped off some JW's. We complained to the convention dept, but they said they wouldn't be used next year. BS, they still were. I used to manage a Hotel in my younger years, and I knew what was honest practices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit