Women elders, what difference would they make?

by Freedom77 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I recall how happy we were at a women's college when Indira Gandhi and Margaret Thatcher were in power at the same. They both proved women can be as cruel as men. I don't understand the Witnesses. CEOs are responsible for seeing the big picture, making things happen. The Witnesses preach deference. The GB did not get where they are by deference. You would need feminists. Feminists would picket the KH.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I am sure women could do the job just as well and better.

But I think women are just as susceptible to the negative effects of power as any man.

Ambition doesn't discriminate.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree, just having a woman in charge would not automatically make anything better, what is important is having the right person, whatever sex they happened to be.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great question and great answers.

If it was my hardcore JW mother answering she would say, "Women could not be elders. There would be too much crying, and emotional, irrational decisions made." I guess that is a good indication of how beaten down she was by Watchtower doctrine. It is interesting to see that the answers here do not touch on that but rather it depends moreso on the individuals than the sex.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think I know your mother jwfacts.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I've had women managers & some displayed flourishes of cruelty to their underlings way beyond their male counterparts.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Ummm, may or may not be a good idea..Women, which I am one of them....we are wired differently then men are...We are emotional...if our home life isn't balanced we tend to act on our emotions. Another thought, if another woman is goodlooking, or has it going on, our jeolousy might over rule & see her as a threat to her hubby, & may start rumors...On the other hand, there are many women on the pulpit..Joyce Meyers, & some others...they do have something to say. I'm not sure it would make a difference, just put a different spin on the org. I'll have to think about that some more. Although, I have fantasized about being on stage & giving a talk at an assembly or convention....Me & my pride, I saw myself, standing & saying...Well, sisters...here we are...& I could see the entire audience standing & clapping...But what I would say would have nothing to do with me saying...well sisters, we don't have to listen to the men anymore...that's not where I would take the talk...Although, didn't Jesus say there are no differences....I forgot the scripture... Oh well, back to fanatasizing...

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit