Paul - GB Member (W 9/15/14)

by pixel 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I discuss this in my Study at:

http://www.jwstudies.com/2013_-_Did_a__Governing_Body__govern_Paul.pdf

Although it canvasses a range of related topics, the Contents listing is hyperlinked to the body.

Another relevant Study:

http://www.jwstudies.com/The_Watchtower_s_Achilles__Heel.pdf

Doug

• zeb
    zeb

Paul was suffering an attack of self pity perhaps.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I thought that only the FDS could be on a Governing Body?!?! Well...none of it makes any sense of course.

DD

• Listener
    Listener

If this is true then why are all the GB members comfortably situated at Headquarters rather than some of them travelling from one congregation to another and writing personal letters to individual congregations?

• steve2
    steve2

The trouble with following Paul's example by writing personal letters to individual congregations is the muscle strain. 21st century man is made of much weaker stuff than his first century counterpart.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

why are all the GB members comfortably situated at Headquarters rather than some of them travelling from one congregation to another and writing personal letters to individual congregations?

They are The Faithful Slave

Everyone else is just a domestic.

It's good to be the king.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

P. 12 Now, why would Paul —a spiritual “giant” who likely was a member of the first-century governing body—call himself a “miserable man”?

Because he may have been a spiritual giant but he had a very small penis and had issues with circumcision so opt'd for circumcision of the heart as an alternative, which left him childless, and loveless, so he went out on the road to preached Jesus Christ impaled. Which left him very miserable and replying like a madman/insane.(2 Cor. 11:23*)

* 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ?-- I speak as if insane-- I more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. 24 Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes.

He also was delusional and thought Satan sent one of his angels to keep slapping him in the face though no one else saw it he did(2 Cor. 12:7,8*).

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet/slap(NWT) me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

• Absalom
    Absalom

@AnnOMaly

That 85 QFR is great because when you read down a couple of paragraphs it admits that the bible doesn't say how often they met or who made up governing body. That's why they say it reasonable to conclude.

My CO kept saying that on stage at the Circuit assembly and I asked him where he got that he refered me to that 85 WT.

Paul was a man that everyone always questioned whether he was an apostle, was only mentioned being in Jerusalem 3 times. How was he involved in making decisions?

The WT is slick because they never say for sure about anything, but they word it in a way to lead you believe what they want you to believe. But when it turns out they were wrong they can always say, we never said he was, we said it he was LIKELY.

• Focus
    Focus

I had already disfellowshiped Paul several decades ago.

Stop mentioning him, or else... You Know.

__

Focus

("Yadirf" Class)

• sparky1
    sparky1

MODERN DAY GOVERNING BODY of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

PAUL

An Example Worthy of Imitation:

"While he was entitled to recieve material support from the brothers, he chose to work with his hands in order not to be an expensive burden."- INSIGHT ON THE SCRIPTURES Volume 2 page 589 column 2 paragraph 2.

If a secular job was good enough for the Apostle Paul and you claim he was a member of the 1st Century GOVERNING BODY then you men should take a lesson from the Bible and your own publications. GO GET A SECULAR JOB AND SUPPORT YOURSELVES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit