I had a lovely weekend, how about everyone else??

by quellycatface 28 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

There is life outside the organisation, which I have the pleasure to have experienced, since December.

I went to a lovely church wedding Saturday, followed by a reception. Hic!!

I went to church Sunday. Had a few friends and neighbours to a BBQ Sunday afternoon. HIC!!

Simple but so much fun.

What did you guys get up to??

• Londo111
  • jam
    jam

Fishing at Lake Skinner, 29 foot trailer, good food.

Didn't get a bite but had a good time with grandkids and other

family members. Also enjoyed the Pow Wow in Temecula.

Sure beat sitting in the meeting on Sunday. LOL

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i was working

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Went to a 'pick your own' farm on Sunday, picked a punnet of rasberries and bought lovely veg in their farm shop. They have a cafe where you can have a cream tea and sit outside with the most beautiful view, which I did a couple of weeks ago when I picked strawberries. The jam they make from their own strawberries on a scone with cream is delicious.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I must have had a lovely weekend. This is my first day back at work after four weeks away, and I am missing my afternoon siesta.

No, really, the intermittent showers didn't slow me down at all. Went for many walks, umbrella in one hand and popsicle in the other.

• nugget
    nugget

I had my birthday party on Saturday with people coming and going all day. I caught up with old friends and met some lovely new people. I cooked for 2 days solid and the food was eaten and enjoyed. On Sunday a good friend took me and my family out to lunch as a thank you which was a lovely surprise.

Today I have to say I took time to recover fun can be very exhausting.

What was lovely was that there was no feeling of guilt, that I should have done something more spiritual I just was able to enjoy the day and the company it was priceless.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Saturday I finished a project for my business, then took a long nap. Sunday we went shopping and had lunch at a Japanese restaurant, we sat outside by a fountain, it was nice. Later we went to our local pub, for drinks, I had a mojito.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I spent the day doing housework like i do everyday. beautiful sunny day, and no place to go.

tell me how some of you found new friends, I have been a jw for 45 years since i was 5 yrs old. as an adult no matter how hard i tried i could never get any

association, I nor my family, has been invited to a meal or to do anything, from a fellow jw in over 35 years.

so i am not loosing any freinds in the jw org by leaving, however, how do we make friends if we dont work a paying job ?

ive been a stay at home mom for 32 years. doing service and meetings bla bla. so i have no freinds. jw org thanks for nothing.

my husband of 35 years works all week, and drinks on the weekends and does not give me the time of day.

he spends more time waxing his cars.

almost divorced him, but had no job, and no place to go.

im home all the time. most of my family are jws and older, and not in PA.

i have looked in my area for some volunteeringand there is nothing. Im 52 and simply bored to death.

all my creativity and desires rotting away and no way to use them.

i spend time taking photos of flowers and birds my two cats, and making flower arrangements for my table out of wildflowers. and i just joined facebook

and already its boring.

pretty pathetic huh? I have no idea how to find anyone to talk to .

any advice ?

• jam
    jam

You are here, talk to us...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit