Speculation Fall AGM

by Poztate 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

A lot of comments have been made about possible big changes at the AGM in the fall.

Comments range from changes to the blood doctrine or who compose the one hundred and forty four thousand.

My speculation is.... (and if someone else had this kind of thread I am not stealing from you..just never read it)

The door to door as we know it will cease to exist. The publishing of a monthly public WT and Awake will end.

Instead each month a tract with different subjects and a redirect to jw.org will come out. "Publishers" will no longer be required to knock at the door and engage people in conversation but will just jam in a tract at all doors in service. (Flyer Boys)

Instead of a goal of 10 hours a month the goal might change to 100 tracts a month. They might still have special months where you can be a "pioneer" for only 150 tracts.... What do you think... Possible ?

• suavojr
    suavojr

They are to invested in the image of door to door. The WT study for today was emphasizing how you have to be discreet and courteous while going door to door. Also, why eliminate this method when it is free advertisement and helps with the idea of Armageddon hitting any time.

I can see them having just one magazine for the public and possibly changing the name. They can keep the WT study edition and print several months of special tracts to direct the people to the best website in the world! "JW.ORG"

The blood doctrine is staying and the 144,000. Every change they have made is because they have been been forced to make them. Right now the blood issue and the 144,000 is quiet subject, I don't know of any outside force that will cause them to change this as of right now.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I was kind of wondering whether the door-to-door work was going to be eliminated or at least minimized, myself. I was thinking maybe they're trying to become more mainstream and they think they might be able to attract more followers if they eliminate the door-to-door stuff. However, my wife went to all three days of the convention, and she said that a GB member mentioned the work with the carts and other forms of witnessing and said the door-to-door work is still our main form of witnessing.

I'm not so sure about the blood issue. I really think they'd love to eliminate it, but they can't because they've preached it for so long and people have died for it. I think they wish they had never started it. The current situation just absolutely does not make sense. How can it be that blood is sacred, should be poured on the ground when removed from the body, and is not to be transfused, yet it can be sent to some facility where it will be fractionated and then any and all fractions can be transfused? It's inconsistent and it doesn't make sense.

Maybe that will be the change??? Maybe they'll word it something like "Since taking all fractions of blood is already a conscience matter, the Governing Body has determined that from now on it would be more consistent for the individual to prayerfully and scripturally decide whether he would accept a transfusion of whole blood or primary components. We trust that all will view this issue seriously and remember that many our dear brothers and sisters have been willing to die over this issue in the past. It is not a matter to be treated lightly." If they do it, they will word it in a way to try to defuse any potential objections. For example, they will mention the fact that many have died over the issue so if somebody says "but a lot of people died over that issue", they can say "we acknowledged that already". Their ackknowledging it does not remove the argument, but most JWs don't have the mental machinery to recognize that.

I, too, foresee a possible change in the mags.

• seek2find
    seek2find

The most likely change that I've heard sugested is that the Governing body will be expanded to 12 members to resemble the 12 Apostles, and that the 144,000 number will be said to be complete and that no more new members will be acepted (as in new memorial partakers being counted). Also a push will be made to utilize JW.org more in the ministry, perhaps even using tablets at the door to present video and other info. All this is just speculation on my part, but seems likely.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

I would be surprised if they expand the gb to 12. That would be diluting each of the current GB powers almost in half. These guys seem pretty power hungry to me so I just dint think they will do that. If they do theN that seems like at least a small sign of humility on their part.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would have to go with suavojr's suggestions, they have so much invested in preaching the gospel unique to them, although pushing a fabricated commercialized version,

that talking to people door to door will stay. I do think they will eventually drop the Watchtower identity all together soon, because all the pertaining false predictions/doctrines

which were connected to that magazine and of its history but I would also have to say that I wouldn't be totally surprised if they made the service work a simple dropping off

of tracts promoting a bible study and of course JWorg.com.

The way this religious organization is changing there's nothing that would be overtly surprising.

• Magnum
    Magnum

The way this religious organization is changing there's nothing that would be overtly surprising.

I agree with that. It's interesting to watch the situation trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Not to downplay what may be done at the annual meeting but in America they are hyping a zone visit in the fall not the annual meeting. Congregations are making plans to stream the zone visit this year and as of yet no plans to stream the annual meeting like last year.

• sporece
    sporece

Will not be surprised if they will declare that the good news of the kingdom has been preached all over the earth by JW and as said above ease up on it by working only with tracks.

In the 1st century Paul also said the good news was preached everywhere. The GB can say whatever they want and will be sucked up by JWs

as divine.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The ZONE visit... Yeah, BFD?!?! Why NOT the AGM?? I have been assuming that an AGM would be broadcast. Perhaps they have nothing new this year after all?? Maybe they will just regurgitate "Soon!!" They WILL make changes because they must. I think the CONTI case is priority #1.

The WTBTS is very adept at shelving ideas for the future. In order to do that, they need to lay the groundwork for possible changes. If they lose the CONTI case and experience "persecution", they can adjust the ministry by blitzing territories with crappy litterature, thereby uniting the flock with shared suffering. The DUBS will feel vindicated, knowing that they are giving a witness during troublesome seasons.

If they win the CONTI case, they conduct business as usual. After all, JEHOVAH delivered them with another stunning court victory!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit