About one year on

by thedog1 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hiya dog dude, glad it's settled down for you too, we're on similar paths you and I, although I resigned a while back. We all have different coping strategies, myself, I can laugh (inwardly) at the logical fallacies, the circular reasonings, the outright bull that's spouted, while viewing my meeting attendance as supporting the wife in her choice of activity. Don't know if it'll carry on forever or not but I can cope for now. HHope you find your own way mate..

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Happy you came through it ok.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Yes, it is good to discuss with others how we feel so we can help each other. I had some interesting conversations with two old friends recently, friends I hadn't seen in a while. One of them is having very serious doubts, as is his wife. He resigned as an elder some years ago. We spoke about the generation teaching and the stress on obeying these days. He's the sort of guy who is not going to run off and tell on anybody. The other friend is a loyal elder, so when we spoke he was much more cautious and so I was cautious with him. He did tell me that the bro who had resigned had told him that he had been helped by the conversation he had with me, to know that others felt as he did so he wasn't the only crazy one! But I could feel in the last conversation that I had with the loyal elder that he was getting uncomfortable, especially when we started discussing the new donation arrangement. He saw it as a good way to use 'dedicated funds' as the cliche goes, whereas I thought it should still be up to the local cong where the money goes. It was good to even have some sort of conversation though, however cautious it was.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Careful mate, trusted they may be, but when the cult programming kicks back in they'll be forced to take action of some kind to "help" you. With the best of interest rooms of course, but misguidedly...

I foundout that two of my conversations had been reported by two different brothers a while back. I don't blame the brothers, I would've done the same a couple years ago, they are trying to help, but it can land you in hot water...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I simply told my CoBE & the Secretary that I was standing down as an "appointed man" for personal reasons. They tried their damndest to get a reason out of me, but I refused to give them one. And that was BEFORE I discovered TTATT!

To this day I know that it still bugs them that they don't know my reasons. Why don't you just do the same?

• thedog1
    thedog1

Actually, some time ago I did resign but I changed my mind and stayed on. Might have been the wrong decision!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit