angels and women

by caroline77 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

What is to stop these wicked angels doing what JW's believe that angels did before the flood?, Most of the posters did answer this question. Read Villagegirls post.

Maybe

Because the last fallen angels could care less about sex they are disturbing every part of the earth. World events and what is on the daily news. Just a guess how JW would answer. Maybe a legend of fallen angels enjoy living inside one human. Maybe they are the cause of why humans choose to shoot down a plane! Or suddenly someone does something they would normally not do. Maybe Satan roams around getting faithful ones to turn against Jesus Christ and using anything he can. Just like in Jesus days. Satans invisible powers are so strong his invisible presence can change a person against another! entices Evil spirits thrive on getting humans to hate one another. Faithful Christians understand that their are wicked forces that are invisible. The war between good and evil is understood in all Christian sects and not limited to JWs.

and why send them here?

Asking Christians why send them here is like doubting Gods judgement upon the fallen angels.

Faithful Christians do not ask why because they believe. I am just stating that the majority of followers do not need to ask why God allowed something because it is their faith in God's judgement that they believe.

I really think many answered your first questioned.

• caroline77
    caroline77

Thanks for all of your answers. I find this subject fascinating.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

You may have to search Karen Hudes, xWorld Bank attorney, for a view on this hybrid theory. Actually many people out there are playing with the idea and implying the angelic hybrids are designed to suit the startegy of the time and culture they are controlling. Like if angels with advanced genetic understandin can design a "giant", they can do just about any "human" form they may want to breed or engineer when possible, by constraints humans are too elementary in understanding to comprehend.

It stands to reason an angelic "materialization" also is pretty boundless as far as human form and gender. Hence the incubus and sucubus legends. Angelic "gender" has nothing to do with the gender of the form that can be taken in the material world in concept. The whole design is in the DNA, so anything is possible to it's "physical" limitations.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Ocean Good point!

Caroline77 yes, and I agree with you. I think many fiction stories started with this one thought and what if...

Good job!

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

caroline77.

I think that Sarahsmile's summary of the comments so far is the answer you will get, but only if you persist in getting one. JWs will be very reluctant to dicuss any to do with demons as they see it, just try and call one to appear they'll probably fait, or have a heart attack.LOL.

If they go away to take advice it is unlikly they will be back in a hurry, or if they do it will be with an elder or higher they do not really have an answer to to question. Their understanding of Angelic behaviour is so limited to say the least.

It is interesting however to note that JWs define angels in the following ways, The Overseeors of their JW congregations (um?,ah..,), Those that fell with Satan,his Demons (oh!), Princes, Messengers (this is correct from the the greek), Sinning Overseeors of first century congregations (um?, ah.....), I will let you draw you own conclusions.

BB

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

Regarding the JW response I should have said "RUN AWAY,RUN AWAY AND BRING UP THE HOLY HANDGRANADE".

One way to deal with big white rabits or white elephants.

BB

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just noticing this thread; the responses to caroline77's good questions are rather disappointing, sometimes wrong, and mostly off-topic. Here are the JW answers to your questions, succinctly:

If one third of God's angelic staff were banished to earth, are they [materializing and mating with humans] now?

No.

If not, what is stopping them?

Since the scriptures do not mention it happening again post-Flood, JWs do not believe that demons any longer have the power to materialize. This ability was apparently removed from them by God.

If so, where are all these half angel children?

They died in the Flood, being mortal. The angels themselves left their constructed human bodies behind to avoid the Flood, but found the entrance to heaven barred. They have been restrained to the vicinity of the Earth since then, along with Satan and any other of his demons who were sent here around 1914. (Being "in Tartarus" is interpreted spiritually, not as a literal method of confinement.)

Why did God send all these angels to earth when He could have sent them to the far reaches of the universe instead?

I don't think there's a specific JW answer to this. But Satan and the demons are being allowed to test man for a limited time, as with Satan in the book of Job. This comes back to the way that JWs explain the overall issue of God's universal sovereignty being questioned. Until the challenge is fully answered, Satan et al. cannot be destroyed.

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

Apognophos - Is there a ref for the removal of the de-materialization?

If this is true how do they explain the angels which appeared to Daniel and Mary?? I asume God's active sexual force was capable, I wonder in what form this materialize??

BB

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Bart, see Fernando's post, the third post on page 1. He quoted the Society as writing:

Meanwhile, there is no indication that they can materialize fleshly bodies, and they remain out of Jehovah’s service, in dense spiritual darkness, in so-called Tartarus.

In other words, "we know they can't, because they haven't done so since then". This is speaking of demons, mind you, not angels.

Secondly, why do you assume that the angels that appeared to people had human form? They were not touched, so we don't know if they were supposedly in physical bodies. But they could have materialized if they wanted to, yes (in the JW view).

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

AP - Daniel 10:10 "And look! there was a hand that touched me," NWT.

The problem here is that Coraline is talking about the angels of Satan sent to earth with Satan in ( or is it around these days) 1914 were evidently as capable of materializing as all the other, the NWT does not state they are not. These presumed facts from silence work both ways.

It is not surprising that any JW would not have read Daniel 10;10 or questioned it's implicacation as they are also think this angel doing the touching is Gabriel which the WTBS prove it is not themselves but never changed the header in the old NWT, and are far more concerned with the actions of Michael. I don't know what the new one says, despite many request they won't give me one! I can't think why, it is a true mystery.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit