Did You Ever Get Screwed By A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Aunt Fancy:

I am sorry you got taken advantage of, but that's the way it is with JWs.

They are undeserving ingrates and you were wise to give things to "worldly" charities instead. I came to feel that the religion turns people into very adept users with no conscience, sad to say.

Now, I'd NEVER give anything to JWs.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

It took me years to finally stop because I had them asking me for my clothes!! It felt good to give them to a charity instead. I have thought about it a lot and JW's think you owe them something.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I was building a house beside an Elder and he had some left over material. He said he would sell it to me for half price of retail to save him the hassle of taking back to the store. I told him, I need it so I will pay you retail.

It turns out he charged me double of what he actually paid. I told him he must have made a mistake and he owns me 300 dollars. He told me he made a mistake but for some reason he never comes by anymore. Never talks to my wife at the hall ( I don’t hardly attend ). I could push the issue but I think it is the best 300 dollars I have ever lost.

• bigmac
    bigmac

Did You Ever Get Screwed By A Jehovah's Witness?

yep---many times--but she did get df'd for it

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I knew of a well known JW family that owned a large rockery. I learned that they had very shaddy business practices, even burying large pieces of machinery on their property in order to not pay the price for a proper disposal. Years after leaving the JW's, my husband went to their business to get some filler rock and they damaged his truck and they refused to pay for it. Their trucks drive around town in abysmal condition, leaking and smoking and in poor repair. Even the local JW's dont think much of them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yep. I can quickly think of five that borrowed money and never paid it back.

So, I'm a sucker for a hardluck story.

After that drama at the Regional Convention, I suspect non-payment of loans from brothers will get even worse.

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have painful, vivid memories of being lied and gossiped about- if that counts as "screwed".

JWs can be the most malicious, backstabbers I have ever met.

They have a particular kind of hell-on-earth reserved for people they have decided to hate.

And yes, all the while pretending to be the most loving people on the planet.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

YES and who they hate, they want everyone to hate. "We hate what Jehovah hates! and if we hate someone then we know Jehovah hates them too!"

My husband and I have been imposed upon and taken advantage of SO many times by jw. Our jerk of an ex son in law always asking me to order vitamins for him and then promised to reimburse me. Well he did until he found his hater of a wife, that $18 did not get paid back. He asked me if I had a set of jewelry he could buy to gift her with. I said, "Here is a nice set for $20," and gave it to him. Never saw the money. I did see a picture of her wearing the jewelry tho! He asked if he could borrow a van. We let him use a van for a day. He drove off with a full tank, brought it back on E. Never paid for the fuel he used.

But sends me emails every holiday telling me how evil WE are. Hey, we PAY our bills!

One time a sister got in a bad auto wreck and a couple days later passed away. Everyone was so tore up. I get a call from this one sister (Mrs. Very Well To Do), telling me she was SO terribly upset she couldn't get out to get some groceries. Would I pick her up a few things and bring them by? Sure i would! When I get to the door I said, "Everything came to $50." She hands me a 100 dollar bill - "Do you have change?" No, I didn't and I was so stupid, I didn't take the money and offer to give her change later. Instead she said she would pay me later. That's over 10 years ago, never seen it yet.

One sister was supposedly a close friend of mine. Her sister wanted me to make her some earrings. But she can't wear ordinary silver wires, no; can I get her gold wire for the earrings? Sure! I tell her ahead of time, the gold wires will be $10, plus the cost of the earrings. She told me, Go ahead, that's fine. One Thursday night I brought them to the meeting to give her, and she said she would pay me later. You know the rest. That was at least 8 years ago. She since has moved to Oregon.

An elder's wife wanted some vitamin supplements. I had paid to get a membership in order to get wholesale price so she asked me to order them and she would pay me back. I took them over to her and told her how much. I think it was like $22.00. Well I never saw the money. They were some of the ones who moved themselves to Mexico to study with English-speaking there. We later heard how the partying raised the roof when they all arrived! But anyway, her husband died in Mexico and they all moved back here. And of course you wouldn't ask someone bereaved and worried to reimburse you for a lousy $22, would you? Or really ANY amount!

Some other wonderful Christians who were part of that whole move to Mexico asked me to send their boots they had forgotten. Not only was i never reimbursed for the postage, i didn't get a thank you note. When they all moved back there was no mention of the trouble I had gone to for the pioneer superstars.

My husband has had several of these superior life forms call and ask for work. He always tells them that we were inactive (d-a now) and additionally, we can't use people who don't work on weekends and expect to be let off for conventions and graduation parties for every homeschool graduate that turns 16 every time you turn around. No, when we hire people to work they are actually expected to work, sorry!

Marina

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I had a friend who had the ever unreliable verbal contract with a couple and they screwed him out of thousands of dollars. He lost his house. Great going there chumps. I knew both parites.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A number of times - and the sordid details are unmentionable.

I was "screwed" figuratively, and repeatedly.

My wife was raped literally, from age 6 to 13.

BTW, they are all still in "good standing" (with the apostate Watchtower Corporation, and its apostate ruling religious clergy class and hierarchy).

At least one is an elder.

Another was a Circuit Overseer before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit