Breaking News: Five White NYPD Officers neck choke an African American Guy for breaking up a fight

by Scott77 46 Replies latest social current

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Some cops are just on a power trip and harrass people because they can. When my husband was younger he got pulled over for no good reason. The only thing the cop would say was he thought he saw a weapon. He asked my husband if he had any weapons in the car and he answered truthfully that yes he had a compund bow locked in the trunk because he had been hunting that morning, but there were no firearms. He showed his hunting license.They asked to search his car and he refused. He ended up handcuffed on the side of the road for 3 hours with multiple cops and eventually the supervisor there all because of a non existent handgun.

He finally allowed them to search one part of the car at a time with the agreement that he was there watching so they didn't plant anything. They ripped his car apart. When they popped the trunk open, there was the hunting bow just as promised, but no handgun. They were obviously pissed off as my husband started laughing at them for wasting 3 hours of their time for nothing. He got the cops name and badge number and reported it to his cousin on whose property he had been hunting who was an officer for a different agency, but managed to get the cop reprimanded.

Cops just like to harass young people to intimidate them and to look for easy tickets and arrests so they can get promotions. They tend to go much harder on boys than girls though. I've never been harassed and any time I get pulled over for speeding, I pull the keys out of the ignition and throw them on the dash so they know I won't flee,

keep my hands in plain view, tell them I need to reach into the glovebox to get my registration so they know I'm not reaching for a gun and smile politely. And if they ask if I know why I've been pulled over, I just say no and when they inform me, don't make any admissions of guilt. I've never had a problem and a few times I've only got a warning!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

This was in New York City - and this many cops were available

for a man suspected of peddling cigarettes without a license ???

While heroin dealers and cystal meth labs and murders were

occuring ? There is a violent murder every day in New York City.

So with this one, make that two for this sad day. What a waste

and what a huge impact of his six children and two grandchildren.

I am stunned by this. I am haunted, by the words " I can't breathe"

• losingit
    losingit

Here is more video footage of the moments when he actually died. The cops do not even perform CPR. An EMT is present for about half of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7CU5GIOrwI

Copy/ paste into your browser if you are not able to get a direct link.

• rebel8
    rebel8

losingit, what is the time stamp when CPR was indicated? I'm not seeing it. Thanks.

• losingit
    losingit

Rebel8-- When CPR was performed, you mean? It doesn't look like anything was performed on the guy. This footage is not making the rounds in the news here. I don't know what the time stamp was. I wish I knew more. I'm sure more info will come out.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

(CNN) -- Confronted by police trying to arrest him for allegedly selling illegal cigarettes, Eric Garner raised both hands in the air and, with passive defiance, told the officers not to touch him. Seconds later, a video shows the officer behind him grab the 350-pound man in a chokehold and pull him to the sidewalk, rolling him onto his stomach.

"I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" Garner said repeatedly, his cries muffled into the pavement.

The video of the Thursday skirmish shows the Staten Island man lying on the ground motionless after the incident. An asthmatic, Garner was later declared dead at a nearby hospital, according to CNN affiliate WCBS. Police said he suffered a heart attack and died en route to the hospital.

"This is a terrible tragedy that occurred yesterday. A terrible tragedy that no family should have to experience," said New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, calling the video of the incident "very troubling."

Police told WCBS that 43-year-old Garner, a father of six, had a lengthy criminal history and had been previously arrested for selling untaxed cigarettes in May.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who is seen on video choking Garner, was put on modified assignment and stripped of his shield and gun as the New York Police Department continues to investigate the incident, WCBS reported. The chokehold tactic is prohibited by the NYPD.

In a statement, Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick J. Lynch called Pantaleo's reassignment "a completely unwarranted, kneejerk reaction for political reasons." He said the move "effectively pre-judges this case and denies the officer the very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job."

The cop who was videotaped causing this man's death is still getting paid. The victim had his hands in the air submissively asking not to be hurt. The PBA says the poor cop is the victim here. Whaaa???

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

This breaks my heart. It was needless and the officers behaved in a disgusting way. I know many good cops. Good cops that would never do anything like this...but these disgusting individuals do make it scary for the rest of us. And the truth is black men have to watch themselves more than anyone else. It's a damn shame.

• Scott77
    Scott77

More updates on this sadening news. News report suggests Police officer who put 400lb father in a fatal chokehold during arrest is stripped of his gun and badge Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2698752/NYPD-cop-shown-video-putting-suspect-deadly-chokehold-arrest-gun-badge-stripped.html#ixzz384LYQNiH

Scott77

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

On losingit's YouTube tape, at 6 minutes, can be heard the words... " drag him?" As to what to do with this man's body, they just murdered.

-----> They were lying when they touched him and said he was breathing after 4 plus minutes of not breathing. No one cared. No one helped him by putting a rolled up towel under his head to elevate his upper torso to help him breath. No one held him. They knew he was dead and it just did not matter to them.

I don't understand all those policemen milling around. I don't understand their carelessness. I don't understand the whole nonchalant attitude by these policemen and policewomen. The woman with the blue non-latex gloves didn't help at all.

Where's CPR? Where's an oxygen mask? Where is compassion? Where is fellow feeling? Where?

They murdered a man selling untaxed cigarettes. Even that sentence sounds idiotic. They killed a man, for continuing to sell untaxed /illegal cigarettes. Killed him? Murdered him in cold blood. Senseless. It makes it hard to respect the PD.

I feel so sorry for this man Garner and his family and 6 children.

LL

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

PLEASE dont fall for the 'he had a lengnthy history of selling untaxed cigerattes ' BULLSHIT!!!

THAT DAY IN THAT MOMENT he did not have any cigs on him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit