Prediction: The organization to ease up on disfellowshipping for apostasy.

by kneehighmiah 21 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I believe the organization is already easing up on disfellowshipping people for apostasy. They know most doubters just want to be left alone. Disfellowshipping them turns them into martyrs. Also as their beliefs continue to become increasingly wacko, they realize a harsh disfellowshipping of a decent honest brother will rattle and wake up some elders. Many elders are beginning to have doubts. Disfellowshipping someone for expressing the same doubts that an elder himself secretly harbors will not go over well. Especially when the elders are unable to scripturally refute an "apostates" reasoning. Letting people who are no longer believers fade is the safer option. You won't be disfellowshipped for not believing in 1914, blood doctrine, 144k or that the faithful and discreet slave is guided by Holy Spirit. Since they recently change the FDS doctrine they would look silly ans petty for disfellowshipping someone over that. now I understand they are asking people to DA themselves or peacefully fade away. Of course if you cause problems they will have no choice but to disfellowship, but this is not the preferred course.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice idea, and nice reasoning....but don't for a moment think the org will let up on disfellowshipping apostates!

Its their only way of stamping authority and installing fear in the remaining ones!

• designs
    designs

Its walking a tight rope for them. To much latitude and they get mass exodus, to much restriction and they get mass exodus. What's a bunch of oligarchs to do.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

There may be truth in this, and it does make sense as a strategic Decesion.

i actually experienced this in action recently.. 2 Elders Visited my home and asked me why I no longer attend meetings. I told them that there are several Doctrines that I believe to be false, and that I cannot support.

They did not ask.. "Do you think that the FDS is Gods Channel , they asked "Will you be sharing your thoughts with others" .. I responded, "only if others inquire of me first"

It was pretty interesting.. And I was expecting to be DFd or at least have a JC but this visit was 3 Months ago, and I have heard NOTHING in response.

Probably this was a Decesion made exclusively by these Elders, and not the ORG as a whole.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The condition is one of silence...you may never speak your thoughts to anyone. That is, after all, the main objective behind the shunning policy.

• pbrow
    pbrow

What they need to do is go back to the 1946?? Watchtower that equates excommunication w/ paganism. I believe if they would just stop with harsh stance on disfellowshipping / dissassociation that they would not lose as many people as they and others on this board think they would lose. You would be free to question but free to worship how you choose. They would certainly have to back track on other items as well but they could become more like the catholic church. People could have their crazy beliefs and eat them too.

pbrow

found it...... 47 watchtower....

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/hightech199/media/USER1-PC/Pics/1111111an_zpsb9cc6393.jpg.html

pbrow

• clarity
    clarity

Pbrow ...thank you!!!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I just don't see this happening. Especially these days when a lot of JWs are slowly waking up due to the internet information. They surely recognize this, and will try to isolate any danger as quickly as possible.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I thought they already don't disfellowship for apostatsy.

Don't they say you "dissassociated yourself" (by admitting you don't believe in the the FDS, for example)?

Do you think they are going change to let people admit freely they don't believe in some primary doctrines and NOT have that = disassociation?

Do you think they will go further than that and let people freely express to other JWs their disbelief in some primary doctrines and NOT have that = disassociation?

Kind of hard to imagine that...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Disfellowshipping and promoting shunning - No way. Disassociating - unlikely. Silent fading - maybe, if the money keeps floowing in and doesn't become a flood of JWs leaving with there money.

The WTBTS is a dangerous cult so they do not use non-JW logic and compassion.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit