We are an Evil Aposta-Family

by Skinnedsheep 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

In the last 6 months my family and I have stopped attending cold turkey. It is incredible to me to see how our so called friends have dropped us like we were a snake covered in spiders. We actually haven’t really said anything to anybody about why we stopped. To them I am simply a “bad” person and myself and my family has been shunned because we:

• Don’t go to the kingdom hall 2 times per week to sit through monotonous talks and sing monotone songs
    • Refuse to accept that 7 men in Brooklyn are truly the mouthpiece of God, based on 100 years of failed prophecies
    • Have seen pedophiles protected above children
    • Refuse to teach others something we don’t believe

Despite being dropped by everyone we know for listening to our consciences….as a family we still:

• Don’t celebrate holidays
    • Don’t steal, lie, or curse
    • Don’t watch R rated movies
    • Pray as a family daily
    • Read the bible
    • Try to help others in any way we can
    • Work hard secularly
    • Laugh and play together
    • Volunteer in the community in various areas

Unfortunately we are judged to be wicked and according to everyone we love, we will die a violent, horrible death at Armageddon.

My kids had some really good friends that aren’t allowed to come over to our house because we “don’t love Jehovah anymore”. Try to explain that to a kid under 6 years old. This organization is nothing but toxic. They will go to the ends of the earth to shun you. (John 13:35)

We aren’t any different than we have always been except for we have taken a stand for what we believe in, we are more tolerant of other people, and we don’t believe that God is going to destroy everyone who is not a Jehovah’s Witness.

We are truly an evil aposta-family.

Sincerely, The Skinned Sheep

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yep, I quit cold turkey and pretty much the same thing happened. Wife too a year later. It’s their brainwashed, brainless and conditioned thinking. It’s what they do. The hurt quickly fades when you make new friends.

Keep your head held high.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

You're doing the right thing so don't let them bother you.

• clarity
    clarity

Well SkinnedSheep ......we all think you are just fine

with us!

Good for you & the family for standing up for what

you believe is right!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Your kids will be much better off this way, even though they suffer the loss of their friends. No good comes from being raised JW.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Be happy your family went with you.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

@ crazyguy yes you are right, I am incredibly happy my family came with me. It took about three- four years to pull it off. I went from an Elder in 2011 to being inactive in 2013 and finally out in 2014. I am so glad I am not stuck in a movement anymore. Being trapped is the worst feeling. It is a rare occurence when a family gets out together.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

What Hortensia said: No good comes from being raised JW - and THAT is the Truth!

Conditional friendships - that is really hard to explain to your little ones.

Marina

• finally awake
    finally awake

My kids lost all their friends at the hall when we quit going. However, they had a couple of non-dub friends that live near us, and they've made many more friends since then. None of them would go back to the borg willingly.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Skinned, congratulations! Much love to your family. You have a bright future ahead!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit