Do You Ever Think That You "Loved" Jehovah God?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

I sort of thought I did, but I often wondered about that even during my JW prime. To me, it's difficult to know for sure. It was kind of hard to love somebody I had never seen or heard. Didn't know what to picture in my mind, though I always pictured something like that picture of him in the Revelation Climax book - the one of him sitting on the throne surrounded by the 24 elders.

I often prayed at night all alone outside under a starry sky and I felt appreciation and a sort of closeness, but having never received any answers (that I'm aware of) or ever getting any indication that my prayers were even heard, I found it dfficult to continue to feel close and appreciative.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

to love someone you have to know them.Jesus lets himself be known to you if you seek knock and ask, he dwells within you but your church did not teach you that but Jesus himself said he would and he does.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Jehovah to me was always about fear.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I imitated my parents and the ones at the kingdom hall...pretending that I had a relationship with Jehovah...Usually kids grow out of the "imaginary friend" phase...it took me 50 years to grow out of mine.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I always disliked Jehovah. All he does is punish people. I was very terrified. Jesus-I always liked. Now I love. My Jesus is a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. He has blonde hair and blue or green eyes. His eyes sparkle as though he were born with special eye drops. He speaks English and French. He is political progressive.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I still love the Almighty Father and it is ok that some refer him as Jehovah.

It does not make the WT Truth because they abused the name.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Jehovah- God" is a WT invention, he's a "catfish" God.

The "God" "creator" "father" blahdy blah, on the other hand yes I did love him once.

• designs
    designs

I loved jehovah and felt loved by him for many decades. I kept the GB and God seperate in my mind. My concept of God helped me kick a 37 year addiction. Things began to change slowly. Seeing my mother die a horrible and painful death from cancer began my questioning process. Visiting and studying with other Faiths after I left the JWs was enlightening and I was able to close the chapter on God for good.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Yes I truly did. I had a love for my god and wanted to please him......then realised I couldn't and that I wasn't good enough and that I had to keep this jealous god sated with field service and works and more works.

So I left. He wasn't worth it in the end.

• not bitter
    not bitter

He was an invisible thing. He never made contact with me. So of course the answer is no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit