Local Needs 07/08/2014

by piztjw 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well bu2b...they would choose jw.org because "jehovahs spirit" would direct honest hearted ones to gods website!

(being sarcastic btw)

• BU2B
    BU2B

That is exactly what a fully brainwashed dubbie would say. You are correct. If one is fully in, there is nothing you can say that will reach them.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

BU2B I watch a program many years ago about how in Africa they use cow poop to make a home made battery that runs a computer. Maybe the Wt. thinks there is enough cow poop to run all the computer in that contenient. LOL Still Totally ADD

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm not a techno geek. My understanding is that it would be expensive to be able to show the website at someone's door. You are going to need a fast internet data plan on your phone or I-pad. A flip phone isn't going to cut it.

-Apple Phone $500-$600

- Dataplan about +$100/month (or more)

-Ipad $800-900 (more impressive becuase of bigger screen)

In all that's a setback of $1200/year recurring and $1500 of hardware as a one time set up. Phones don't last, batteries don't last. So, now you are going to have to save up for the next phone & pad to come out.

I feel very sorry for the JWs. I don't have a fancy phone and I don't pay for internet on my phone. Why? Because it costs too much. I use my house internet, and that's it.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Our local needs part this week was on "How to Properly Fill Out Your FS Report Slip". And dont forget to count up all your tract placements! According to the recent CO visit, the congregation hours are falling.... "evidently", "surely" and "apparently" due to the fact that so many are "forgetting" how to fill out their slips!

Get it together you stupid sheep! Next month is the GRANDEST CAMPAIGN EVER to promote JW.ORG !!!!

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

I'm not a techno geek. My understanding is that it would be expensive to be able to show the website at someone's door. You are going to need a fast internet data plan on your phone or I-pad. A flip phone isn't going to cut it.

-Apple Phone $500-$600

- Dataplan about +$100/month (or more)

-Ipad $800-900 (more impressive becuase of bigger screen)

In all that's a setback of $1200/year recurring and $1500 of hardware as a one time set up. Phones don't last, batteries don't last. So, now you are going to have to save up for the next phone & pad to come out.

Eh, nah, you're overstating it a bit.

Phones are "free" with 2 year data plans, unless you get the highest end ones, in which it's around $200 max, on top of that.

So it's basically a ~60 a month phone plan for two years, when you can exercise your upgrade and get a new phone and reroll your contract.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

congregation hours are falling.... "evidently", "surely" and "apparently" due to the fact that so many are "forgetting" how to fill out their slips

It can't possibly be that JWs aren't going D to D as much. Too unthinkable for WT.

The FS slip is probably the least complicated form WT has. If JWs lack the basic skills to fill it out then they've reached a new low level of stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit