DC (Landover) Convention in August

by insearchoftruth 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Wonder how many who are attending realize that the payment that the WTS is making to have the convention at FedEx goes directly into the Redskin's bank accounts. I know my wife finds the name Redskins abhorrent, not sure if she has made this connection.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Folks in my area are assigned to it...marking...

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

From what I have heard the ones in our area are going to this one too. I would love to hear if they are going to do any of those KH singing and dancing like they did in Detroit.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Just curious, haven't been in the states for 10 years. Is Fed-Ex field where the skins play or a new name for Landover - what used to be the Cap center. I remember going to the cap center. Do they have a new stadium in DC for the football/baseball games? Should be toasty, if open air.

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

FedEx is where the Redskins play. It shall be very comfortable in the hot and humid early August weather!

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

But they probably got a good deal on it...

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

In August I think Mr. Snyder and the Redskins would take almost any revenue, and I am sure the important folks will be in the skyboxes.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

Hey fadetoblack, Cap center got torn down about 15 years ago I wanna say. Put up a mall in its place. FedEx is a mile away, just inside the beltway. FedEx is outdoors, so Im sure it will be great in DC as that time of year its gonna either be 95 degrees or thunderstorms. Cap center was fun, I always got a skybox because I knew the elite ones.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Thanks for the update OEJ. I just remember at least it had AC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit