BBC Radio 4 reference to 607 Babylonian conquest?

by 88JM 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 88JM
    88JM

Was listening to BBC Radio 4 late Sunday night, and in a programme about migration, they referenced the "Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem in 607 B.C." which caught my attention.

Did they not mean 587 B.C., or did I understand it wrong?

The link to the programme is below - sorry if you're not in the U.K. as you probably won't be able to listen to BBC programmes. The reference to "607 B.C." is about 21 minutes 20 seconds on, so if you listen from about 21 minutes onwards you will hear it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b048j435

I thought it was only JWs that think Jerusalem fell in 607 B.C.?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Good grief!

You are absolutely right.

Ok - I'm off to find out which muppets made this.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oops. Shoot the researcher! LOL.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Clicking on Show more it states:

Producer: David Prest and Gil Percival
    A Whistledown production for BBC Radio 4

But as they made this for BBC Radio 4, the form linked below probably is the best way of raising this:

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006slnx/contact

I'm going to drop them a polite message and ask that they to broadcast a correction. This is the problem when a publishing house like the Watchtower prints made up history to support its doctrine - it can end up in the mainstream. The BBC is a public service broadcaster so it is vital they get subjects like history correct and need to be held to account when they don't.

Unbelievable.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Could a JW been a "researcher" for the show?

• alanv
    alanv

I have written to them as well. Thanks for the info.

• 88JM
    88JM

Oh good - I'm glad to know it's not just me then!

That's what I thought Londo.

BBC Radio 4 feeback is indeed probably the best place to write to. The "Feedback" programme is on Fridays at 16:30 I think, and repeated on Sunday nights as well I believe.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

If there is an on air correction, I would love to hear it. That would be great audio for my archives.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yep, Feedback would be good choice as they grill them over cockups or odd choices and make them say why they did XYZ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit