Do you intend to die?

by new hope and happiness 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Realising I would die and never see my family again was one of the hardest things to come to terms with for me after I cut the ties with the Borg. I still struggle with it at times. When I was training as a nurse, we studied "The activities of Living"...and death was the last activity. It has taken me a long time to realise that it is.

We would all like a "good death"........for me, in my sleep, pain free, with family...so in answer to your question...yes I do intend to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I am not afraid of death, it's something I don't have to sit an exam for, have an interview or get any qualifications for. One of the few things I don't have to worry about or strive for. On the other hand I keep myself healthy and am at present losing weight beacause a heart attack or stroke is not a good way to go. I've lost a stone, ten pounds to go and I'm back to my twenties weight. Keep your weight down and your bones healthy for a good old age.

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Do you intend to die?

It's not my intention, but I'm hardwired for it and have accepted the inevitability.

That was a very hard pill after being taught that I could possibly live forever without ever dying.

Now I toggle between thinking nothing is a miracle and everything is a miracle. Depends on my mood and what crazy stuff is going on in the world.

Before I go... I would like to make a meaningful contribution and impact. That' from the 'everything' side.

Phae

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Its been over a month since i last posted, so why not RESURECT my last post?

I am now dead.

I attacked the lies of the Watchtower and cynicism of my congregation and am now dead to my congregation and the W.T.

I could have had it all, i could have been an elder a prince in the " new world". But i found something more interesting and dangerouse an open invitation to a TRMPORARY life to be lived without fear...

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

P.S. I now intend to die Rich, happy and very old.

• Simon
    Simon

Hopefully not before the end of Game of Thrones because I really, really, really want to know what happens!

But then life is like a great story but one that will carry on after we're long gone.

I often think about how it will all end. Will we expand into the universe like in so many books or fizzle out by our own stupidity? Whatever happens, at some point we'll all be gone. Will it be all at once in a cataclismic disaster or a slow decline? Will there ever be "the last person living" ...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Accepting my mortality was huge after exiting the JWs. Never dying, even though how/what/where was iffy, was ingrained from infancy. My logical mind accepts it. My emotional side hates it.

• Terry
    Terry

Ahhh, Primacy of Consciousness!

If only it were a matter of what I "think"!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I find life now, ultra precious. When I was a JW.org drone, I lived for WT. All decisions, thoughts were for not hurting Jehovah. Not making Jehovah sad . I wanted, needed to live in paradise. Badly. Being married to someone that is 100% wrong for you, is a death sentence.

In a way, married to someone I did not love and having to move so far inland, from friends and familiar places, when I got married, I died that day.

Now, my intention is to live. When my battery of life wears out, and I do die, I won't know it. I will just be gone.

LL

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Yes, I intend to die. I am not putting my eggs in the afterlife basket. Make this life worth something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit