• LDH
    LDH

((((((((Patriot)))))))))))

Agreeing with Reborn and others here...

Nice to see you stomping around.

Lisa

• roybatty
    roybatty

Kind of reminds me of what happened to me soon after I was DA’d a couple of years ago. I had just broken my leg and had a cast on it from the tip of my toe to my hip. Here I am at the store, on crutches, struggling to carry two or three bags of groceries. Who happens to walk by? A JW who was my best friend, along with his wife. They look right at me, see me struggling and just walk by. Their heartlessness took even me by surprise. A moment later I heard someone from behind shouting my name and then ask “what the hell are you doing, why didn’t you ask for some help?” It was someone I had known for only a few months. What a help she was! So while my former JW “brother” walked away with his wife, this good Samaritan went out of her way to lend me a hand.
    I know that others here have a similar story about the conditional love of the JWs but it’s still something that saddens me every time I think about it.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

((((roybatty))))

I can sympathize with your sadness and disappointment in so-called "friends"

Amazing how JW's proclaim from the rooftops how they are the most loving people, yet when someone allegedly "strays" from the fold and as in your case in natural human compassion should help someone in obvious need of assistance.. walk away.

Sickening.. isn't it?

JW Viewpoint on Discipline of Children
    --------------------------------------
    "Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts." WT 1/15/1954 pgs. 54-62

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Remember, it was a person of another religion that proved to be the good neighbor in Jesus’ Good Samaritan story.............

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good for you Patriot- It reminds me of the scripture( ducking to avoid the stones) "I will not leave you or forsake you" The guy needed help- & I believe the LORD used you. He also says he uses broken vessels-I like to say he uses "crack pots" lol
    So you were a crack pot- ( as are we all on here) but I commend you.
    It reminds me of a 21 year old JW lad- who was thrown out of his JW home- because they found "apostate" stuff in his room.It was late at night- he was crying & knocked at a house to see if he could use there phone- The homeowner welcomed him in -even offering him a beer( he didnt take it)But allowed him to call me long distance-He had heard about me- from 1-800-Why-1914.
    Hey he didnt even believe in God.........He was able to come stay with me- until his parents repented & let him back home.....

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    All this time I'm in my K9 BDU's and with my sidearm. He did not say a word about it.

Patriot,

I'm assuming (more like hoping), given the above, that you are a law enforcement officer. The quote above gives me the impression that you were expecting a negative response from this guy regarding your profession. Did becoming a law enforcement officer result in JW problems for you or did you become a law enforcement officer after you left the JWs? I've been out for 23 years, but I seem to recall that a popular elder in our congregation was also a law enforcement officer (he was a detective - not a uniformed officer), who was known to carry a concealed weapon. To my knowledge, no one in our congregation had any issues with that.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Patriot,

Who are the real hypocrites? Once you told us that the Witnesses could not be at ground zero, but you was wrong.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Thanks Reborn. After reading your exp. you know where I'm coming from. When one receives that kind of treatment it hurts at first but later it changes to pity. I can't believe that I use to have the same mind set as these people. I really can't.

• gypsyqueen
    gypsyqueen

Boy, can I relate...

How do you like this scenario.. I've been a somewhat active JW for 10 years. (slowly awakening). It has always galled me that they can shun a person who is in ok standing, not df'd, and who has reached out countless times for help and guidance and even discipline, all the 'right' things one does, only to be 'marked' at gatherings etc., and to watch how this group treats the non-JW husband of a witness woman..!! He has resisted babtism for years but not opposed. There are constant functions at thier house and he is treated like a presiding overseer. He is getting ALL of the social benifits of a babtized brother and respect without ever having to sign up. While someone like me who has always struggled to be accepted is treated like dirt. (Not by all. Some are really nice to me. But they are not the ones in charge.). I'ts just that I'm starting to 'notice' alot of things.

• Patriot
    Patriot

144thou: I applied in the midst of all the problems that were starting with me in the congo. I kind of knew which way it was going so I secretly started getting ready for something I always wanted to do.

Freddy: Go suck some milk out of your bowl, you have no clue of what the heck your talking about. But then again thats what makes you Fredhall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit