Name some practices of the WTS that are'nt bibical

by Leander 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Your circumstances seem much like mine were a while ago. My wife gave me hell when I resigned as an elder, "Abrogating your responsibility" , but she mellowed a bit once she talked to the other elders and realised just what they were like..However I am still thought to be mad , because I cannot see the "obvious truth". Hang on in there Leander, it does get easier.
    My experience has been that elders dont really want to know. Since they cannot answer the questions they leave me alone and it is up to me to chase them , because I cannot stand this vacuum!

Take care, and share your progress with us.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hang in there friend- It is very difficult to get the mind "undone' after their washing.
    One thing they said -we had to Work( service) but the bible says at John 628,29 When they asked "what must we do to do the works God requires?"
    Jesus answered " The work of God is to believe in the one he has sent...."
    If you believe God sent the Watchtower read all the terrible things & lives they have ruined...No It is Jesus that God sent....

• mouthy
    mouthy

That should have read John 6:28,29 sorry

• Lollylou
    Lollylou

This is an amazing thread. I haven't plugged in for awhile and have missed the encouragement that comes from everyone here. I have read Franz's book "In Search Of Christian Freedom" I highly recommend it for the task you have at hand. I would suggest that you not let your wife see that you have it while she is in the current state of mind as you would get DFed for having it.
    I wish you the best and hope your wife will join you in your newly found freedom! Lollylou

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Leander,

My heart goes out to you...this must be the most difficult thing you've been through.

I wish you strength and hope everything works out for the best.

• RR
    RR

Jehovah's visible organization

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am not sure of what the truth is about Jesus dieing on the cross.
    Maybe he did, seems like from my research so far, he did. But the JW
    teach that he absolutely did not, and that the cross is to be looked on as a sign of the devil. At least that is the way I was raised to look at it . Now I wear one on my neck, I dont worship it, I try to feel closer to Jesus and hold it when I feel alone. When I see one
    I think of Him . How can that be so wrong?

And also the new world translation has been discredited by REAL,
    Bible scholars. The WT has added or deleted key words to fit their
    teachings.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Leander,

: Name some practices of the WTS that are'nt bibical

I think the most damning thing is that the WTS doesn't stone people to death who disagree with them. They have been cowardly in kow-towing to those governments who stupidly think that such a punishment is not humane and just.

To their credit, however, I will say that the WTS has publicly lamented in their literature that they dearly wish to revive this practice and would if they only could.

Hope that helps.

Farkel

• cellomould
    cellomould

ROFL Farkel!

How about the scripture where Jesus' followers don't wash before eating?

Once I was pulled aside after a talk(now, mind you, I was only about 12 years old) and counseled because my pants were wrinkled.

It wasn't encouragement, it was an order:
    'Don't get up on stage looking like that!'

Oh, and much worse, once I became an MS a certain other elder had it in for me, but I'll share that some other time.

cellomould

"You're crying 'why am I the victim?' when the culprit is YOU" Stevie Wonder

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Their so-called "Bible" The NWT version, is about as unbiblical as you could get!! Here's an example from the NWT:
    Matthew 2:11
    "Bowed down and worshipped him" changed to "did obeisance to it"
    The JWs evade recognizing Jesus as worthy of worship as a divine being by altering the form of honor that he receives from men and angels. The Greek word proskuneo literally means "worship." The use of "obeisance" is a NWT adaptation. (Same revision found in Matt. 8:2; 9:18, 14:33; 15:25; 28:9, 17; Mark 5:6; 15:19; Luke 24:52; John 9:38; Heb. 1:6.)
    All throughout the NWT, passages have been changed to reflect the distorted teachings of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit