New List of Watchtower Classes (simplified for the simple-minded)

by Focus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

George Carlin might have been reassured to know that the lower half is over-represented among God's people.

--

Focus

("Stats" Class)

• prologos
    prologos

would the overlapping- and overlapped anointed not be a class or two too?

nulite95 class?

• Focus
    Focus

prologos, for sure, but it is not one which the Sicksiety would openly acknowledge and refer to explicitly as a Class, right?

The fact that the number of the anointed remnant (lol - the very term is an exercise in idiocy) kept swelling was a cause for some considerable embarrassment for the Brooklyn Pimps.

__

Focus

("Jabriol" Class)

• LogCon
    LogCon

1931 Yearbook – page 46

‘Prisoner class’

‘Prison keeper class’

There can scarcely be any doubt about the fact that the Lord brought forth the radio at this particular

time for the purpose of reaching the "prisoner" class. These have been kept in the denominational systems,

and away from the table of the Lord, because the "prison keepers", the clergy, have selfishly browbeaten

and kept them there.

• LogCon
    LogCon

1931 Yearbook

page 73-74

'colored brethren class'

COLORED BRANCH

Because of the race prejudice existing amongst the peoples of the world, it was deemed best to specially organize the work amongst our colored brethren. The Lord, of course, makes no distinction as to a man's color. He judges him not according to his outward appearance, but by his heart devotion. This separate organization amongst the colored brethren, however, has proved a decided success and has had the blessing of the Lord. It has afforded better opportunities for the brethren of the African -race residing in the United

States to engage in the witness work. There are at this time 57 colored classes organized in the United States and doing the work. There is a total number of 528 active workers in the field, but some of them cannot give as much time as others. During the year these have placed in the hands of the people clothbound books to the number of 32,592, and booklets to the number of 35,445, making a total of 68,037.

It must be borne in mind that almost all of these brethren are poor and they must work a goodly portion of the time at some secular employment in order to earn their food and raiment. The class workers, however, have averaged 32 hours in the field per week in preaching the gospel. Not only have these class workers been well organized, but during the year 165 of them participated in the colporteur work. Of these, 75 are pioneers and 90 auxiliary colporteurs.

These colporteurs had the privilege of placing in the hands of the people a large amount of literature. They visited interested people in 53,365, homes. There they put 57,510 clothbound books and 50,399 booklets, making a total of 107,909 books and booklets. The work done by the colored class workers and colporteurs combined is 175,946 books and booklets.

• Focus
    Focus

Excellent and thank you, LogCon!

As stated, I didn't go far into the Rutherford era.

Your finds are from 1931, 15 years into his reign. I pretty much stopped with "The Finished Mystery", the 1917 monstrosity and perversion of Russell's teaching, and didn't even go through it fully as the Russell-channelling claim is nonsense. I recall taking the "Swine Class" from there, and several others - no more. I chose them as they were exceptionally insulting, even by that book's standards.

A handful of "Classes" from later years, up to 2001, were chosen - again, due to their absurd or insulting nature.

That I got ~320 of the "Classes" just from Russell is, most would agree, pretty spectacular evidence of the old kook's craziness.

Now, if we are going to extend the coverage well into Rutherford, make sure there are no omissions, please. How are you going to do that?

My Rutherford materials are not indexed by me (as yet).

Here is where the Plague or Locust Class should have come from (a thread about it I started 13 years ago):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/2639/1/Watchtower-ADMITS-to-its-own-true-nature-a-PLAGUE

had I been thorough with "The Finished Mystery". It was processor's post about the 2014 Cockroach Class (LOL!) that jogged my memory about those locusts.

No more dialogue on this for a while, as I've almost reached my posting quota!

__

Focus

("Expansion" Class)

• LogCon
    LogCon

Focus said ,'...Now, if we are going to extend the coverage well into Rutherford, make sure there are no omissions, please. How are you going to do that?...'

Your posting of June 27 stated you were giving the classes from WT publications from 1873 - 2001. I merely thought some had escaped your attention. I would be happy to add any I find.

I simply download old publications in PDF and then use the search option. HOWEVER, I have discovered, quite by accident, many of my searches falling short of producing all the applicable quotes. As an example, if I searched the word 'remnant' and it appeared on page 127 of the publication, I would read the surrounding material and started to notice that the word 'remant' was used elsewhere, though not brought up on the 'word search list'. It cannot just be my computer. It must be a flaw in the searching program. I suspect it to be a common occurence.

I am happy to see a quality researcher on this board.

The ' quality researcher class'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit