* Breaking news * - JW elder (Mark Sewell) found guilty of rape and sexual assaults

by Stealth 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Heaven
    Heaven

krejames said: I'm a strong believer that no matter how evil someone has been in the past, they should be given a chance of rehabilitation and forgiven if they are truly sorry, have stopped whatever evil acts they did and tried to make amends. So on that basis I do not blame the WTS for reinstating him if he was genuinely repentant. But this raises questions in my mind. I don't know all the facts of this case but what were his "works befitting repentance"? Did they include telling him to go to the police to confess his crime? Surely that should have been a minimum requirement.

Pedophiles have a very high rate of re-offense.

There is a pedophile in my parent's previous cong. My Father said to me that we must be forgiving. I looked straight at him and asked, "If you knew an elder was a pedophile, even if he had repented, would you let him look after your children?" There was a silence for a moment and then Dad looked down and quietly said "No."

I said to him "That doesn't sound like forgiveness to me."

But at least he gave me the right answer.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Note the disconnect between the Public Relations answer and the actual working out of events. The truth is that these assaults were tolerated, the victims disbelieved. It took a secular court to bring (delayed) justice. I am sure this predator continues to function in a cocoon of his own self- righteousness, and has failed to admit to the damage he has done.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WT needs to just say they are sorry... I can't laugh because it's so serious. ABUSERS NEVER APOLOGIZE. It's taken over 100 years for the GB to show any kind of mock humility or display of feelings towards the sheep. Think about the last 2 years. " We love you vey much!", says the GB. Think about how screwed up that is for a moment.

A sheeple is NEVER right in the ORG. You are guilty until proven innocent. To prove your innocence, you must wait on Jeehoober, perhaps until the end of your life. Anything less that docile servitude is rebellion and satanic pride. But now, when the fruitage of their corruption is beginning to bloom and the are being exposed as frauds, they love you so much!

They are ABUSERS. They will never apologize. There will never be transparency, because deep down they believe that you do not deserve any apology. You are not in the loop. You don't need to know. YOU are blessed to be associated with THEM. They will NEVER apologize. They are not capable of telling the truth. They display false humility, which is the worst form of conceit.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Jgnat and D-D, thank you for your posts so much! It is refreshing to me to come here and see that there are some people, however few, who have learned the truth about pedophiles and the nature of abuse in general.

Marina

• St George of England
    St George of England

He will be sentenced tomorrow. (Wednesday)

Meanwhile the Charity Commission are opening another investigation, this time on Barry Congregation and WTB&TS of Britain.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit