Did You Ever Stumble Anyone?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I think this kind of "victim" is more often created by the Governing Body of the Watch Tower Society more than all

the apostates in the world.

They speak in the name of Jehovah and make such definite statements which crumble into dust.

The Generation teaching is probably the best horrible example of stumbling the flock.

J.F. Rutherford began preaching MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE in order to prop up his prediction of 1925 for the resurrection.

When that failed, the WTS dusted off that slogan and made it the tent pole of prophecy.

As the "generation" of 1914 grew older and older it served as a kind of COUNTDOWN CLOCK.

As the years dragged on it became a noose around the Society's neck until they were forced to RE-define what 'generation' actually means!

You think people weren't stumbled?

Anyway--do I think I stumbled anybody?

I would say YES.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well " Terry and Minimus" someone must put it on the juke box. And you guys have.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

not that i know of maybe if i were teaching a false gospel

• Divergent
    Divergent

I am 99.99% sure that I have not stumbled anyone. It was the other way around!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

According to Psalm 119:165, no one can be "stumbled" unless they don't "love Jehovah's law," so technically it would be their own fault if they "got stumbled"!

• Abundant peace belongs to those who love your law; Nothing can make them stumble.
  • Focus
    Focus

I stumbled the GB.

But that story is yet to be told.

--

Focus

("Face the Facts!" Class)

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Apparentally I stumbled my friends by telling them I read LOTR.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I bought an OJ Simpson jersey as a joke and wore it once. My "friend" said we couldn't hang out as long as I owned that jersey. He owned a Ben Roethlisberger jersey mind you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit