JW Kids Who Lack Sincerity: Are You In The Flipping Truth Or Not?

by Apognophos 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, you guys have given me something to think about. I wasn't too zealous myself about things like field service or getting privileges. But I also really believed that it had to be the truth, so I felt very sincere even though I was certainly leading a double life in some areas.

I probably have a lingering degree of resentment towards the kids who just didn't care and left at 18, because as a teen I was busting my butt trying to live up to the standards, until I finally gave up in my 20s. Later, of course, I realized it was all for nothing. But in the meantime I almost killed myself over not being able to follow all the rules, while other kids were just coasting through their teens as JW without giving a ____.

So in a sense I'm envious of their approach to dealing with being born-ins, even if I don't know that they had the right motives.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..I always thought that the real test of genuine jw kids/youngsters was whether they would still stay in if their parents were to leave...but as has been mentioned most youngsters go because there is no other way of living in such a family...conform or face rejection..

• bigmac
    bigmac

When I was 15, I became a JW publisher. That was in 1963.

i too was 15 in 63--having been dipped the year before. the dub-brats i grew up with were just going through the motions under parental duress. i cant imagine any of them stayed in once they had broken away from their home life.

what a grim indictment of this phoney religion.

• VIII
    VIII

I would question the logic of every Watchtower and Awake article and everything the WTBTS put out that went against what my Mom said at home. Such as her agreement with Women's Liberation (this was the late 1960's and early 1970s) and yet, the WT position that women should be in subjection-My Mom hated that, yet, went along. When I, as a child under 10 years old, would ask her how she believes the WT on this, her answer would be "Shut up, it's The Truth." Uh, yeah, sure.

There are so many examples of the lying and hypocricy of the JWs, I knew, before 1975 and the Armageddon fiasco, that they were a bunch of fraudsters. And I didn't have the Internet to go back and look at old articles and things Russell and Rutherford had said and done.

My way of dealing with it as a kid and as a teenager was to go out in service and be bored, play loud music as we drove door to door, I would question the others in the car and make them uncomfortable. Then I would just shut up and let them think about it. I never got DFd, but I faded as soon as I got to college.

I was a very lackidaiscal JW. I stayed in because I needed a roof over my head. My Mom would have thrown me out if I had left before that and in the late 1970s to early 1980s there were not many options for young women. So I bided by time and left when I was in school. I went back home and lived for a while but since I was working my Mom let me off the hook on going to meetings. I worked a lot of OT. I had a great reason to miss FS-every Saturday we worked. Money! And, since I paid her rent, she couldn't say No to me working extra. Her greed won out over FS.

So, I was flipping out way before I actually left. Like lots of folks here.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So are you asking the question of children who have no choice or grown people in the 20's and 30's?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For sure JW Kids know how to play the WBT$ System..THEY`RE KIDS!!..

They are just as Inquisitive as Normal Kids but,because they are So Repressed..

JW Kids can get into a Shit Load more Trouble..

They want to try what the WBT$ says,is Normal Behaviour for Worldly Kids..

The WBT$ Creates it`s Own Problems..

The WBT$ is Run by Idiots!!..

Get your Children Out of that Insane WBT$ Environment!!..

................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit