Strange but Sad!

by John Aquila 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• label licker
    label licker

Well put, John. We have friends who left this disgusting filthy snake pit and they know their time is coming to be disfellowshipped. What boiled my ass was someone called his mother who is in a nursing home and is ninety years old. She is losing her memory yet some jackass had to call her and tell her that her son is an apostate. She was so upset she called her sixty-two year old son all upset and asked why would they do this to her. They did not leave their names, of course.

There is no excuse for elderly abuse let alone apostate abuse!!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I'm really disgusted by this story.

Yes, if the parent needed money for a nursing home, you can bet they would call 'family' so the children can take care of their parents. 'They're family!' But do they let them be 'family otherwise? Nope.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

This horrible kind of cold hardness comes from the top. Anthony Morris comes to mind so does Ted Jaracz.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its social behavior situations like this which clearly shows that the GB heads of the WTS only care about the organization and the appealing power and control of-this organization, rather than the actual good wholesome relationships between immediate families which make up humanity.

To be noted this organization has broken up millions of families since its inception as a formulated religious organization.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

They were not bad people, they were very kind and honest.

You say that and then you describe the way in which they treated their own flesh and blood. I wouldn't have anything to do with anybody who treats their own family like that. I don't care if they are JWs or not. I make judgements of character of people a lot of times based on how they treat others and if I see them treat others like crap I avoid them as much as I can.

LRG

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They said, “She will have to find out when she calls next January.”

What assholes.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

They were not bad people, they were very kind and honest.

You say that and then you describe the way in which they treated their own flesh and blood.

The (parents) were kind and honest---to me and several others- considering that hundreds attended the funeral.

They treated their daughter like that because they were under undue influence.

Just like most of us here were at some point.

I feel the elders are a different story because of their words, “That's what she gets” showed no compassion, “After the fact”

I’m willing to bet if the father knew beforehand he was going to die, he would have called his daughter to say goodbye. And I have a feeling the mother will call the daughter and not wait till January.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

This goes to show how deeply ingrained the WTS has embedded their propaganda into the minds of their members.

I am not excusing the elders for their obvious inconsiderate and inhumane treatment of the daughter but this is what they have been taught (from infancy sometimes).

Fear is prevalent in an organization that claims its a brotherly paradise.

• kaik
    kaik

I had in KH extremely zealous pioneer who would cover extremely difficult territories. Her husband was just regular dub, but she never missed any meeting. To everyone in the KH she was nice, especially to children. She had a son who was married and had a kid. Later he made another woman pregnant and was DF's for it. She shun him and his two children to the rest of her life. She would never talk and when the kids were calling her granny across the street, she pretended she does not hear/see them. She was very thorough in shunning her son and his two children until she died. She never reconciled. My aunt shunned her son once he DA with JWs. My ex-elder has a gay son, who they do not talk and he is forbidden to talk to them..

JW is not so loving religion. But people accept the membership and they pay it with broken family ties. After so many years of shunning, many people will move on and the damage is not repaired.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    It's examples like this that will be the reason why doing away with the shunning policy is just not an option now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit