Is it wrong to mock and ridicule the Watchtower Society?

by yadda yadda 2 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Anyone who says ridiculous things deserves to be ridiculed.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Vidiot:

Let's take a closer look at your "ridiculous" maxim.

If ANYONE says ridiculous things then they deserve to be ridiculed.

What if the person is a child in the company of adults? The child says something that is absurd. Therefore the adults ought to poke fun of him?

What if a person is unsophisticated and says something that is out of synch with their sophisticated associates. The group ought to laugh at them?

What if a person is from another country and gets his wording mixed up so the meaning of their expression is odd. Should someone say "don't you mean (...fill in the blank) Ha Ha Ha.

Ridicule is a gleeful condemnation of an individual. Ridicule is not directed at the words a person says or a particular assertion - it is a cruel mean spirited attack on the person.

Those who engage in ridicule are trying to return evil for evil. Ridicule dehumanizes individuals. It is a prelude to murder, assault, and war.

• DJS
    DJS

Such hypocrisy from a self appointed GB who wrote this a week or two ago:

"Obama speaks as The Great Whore."

So you would shove your conscience down our throats, huh Scot? You ARE the GB.

• scotoma
    scotoma

I take it all back. I looked at some of my old posts and I have done my share of mocking.

Never mind.

However, there is mocking and then there is mocking!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ugh.

Fine... I meant to say "anyone who says ridiculous things but should know better".

Happy?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

What is so bloody sacred about the Watch Tower Society that they should be immune from ridicule?

However, there is mocking and then there is mocking

You mean it is all-right for you to take the mickey out of somebody, but God help anybody that tries to have ago at the Watch Tower Society!

Bill.

• scotoma
    scotoma

DJS:

I nominate you Farkel2.0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit