Finnish branch office PR lies on TV about shunning

by tunnistaja.ee 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

I created the subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkwCOq_3Qyg

We all know he's evading the question by talking about those who somehow avoid the baptizm, but it really does not matter. He from evades the press, but not exJWs, so I think it's fair enough to call it straight out lying.

• cofty
    cofty

Good video!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

His facial expressions say flat out he is lying when he answers that question.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The ignorant interviewer gave him an out. Its sad when reporters don't do thier homework. It was a golden opportunity to expose the jerks. Now it leaves wiggle room. So much like the Pharisees.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When will there be just one reporter who knows what to ask? The reporter is ignorant about the true cult nature of the WTBTS. Otherwise the questions would be different.

DD

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

There's another side to it. Veikko still lies outright, because a religious rite (baptism in this case) involving a minor child has absolutely no importance in this matter. While a child is under legal age, his/her parents decide and bare responsibility for such actions taken.

So the fact is that most of the 18-olds leaving get shunned and that's it. Veikko was not asked if there are any corner cases, so he answered the whole question and all in all, lied.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I've just seen the video and I can't believe he expected to get away with it. I don't think so much a lyer but probably more deluded.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sometimes I wonder what they teach in journalism school. Apparently not much.

• Watchtower-Free
  • tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Based on the subtitles, this "WT representative" has a number of outs:

1) They can freely leave (though DF'ed)

2) They can freely return (after a minimum of one year of groveling)

3) They aren't shunned (they are encouraged to return to their senses!)

It's all in the spin...that is what PR is all about!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit