Iraq Descends Into Religious Civil War

by cofty 29 Replies latest social current

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Cofty:

The Iraqi army seems to be impotent.

Most reports suggest that the Iraqi Army, (trained to a superbly high level of military skill by the Americans) is running away. However, what we (westerners, dumbed down by the owners of media) don't know is, what are the spiritual allegiances of the soldiers who are running away?

galaxie:

Imo western commercial interests combined with ill advised and planned regional border remarking exaserbated an already totally misunderstood knowledge of tribal and nomadic peoples.

I suggest that the higher level of western (Read USA and UK, If not France and Germany) have a clear understanding of the allegiances, sympathies and antipathies of the peoples of west Asia.

The British grabbed the former territories of the Ottoman Empire after the so-called Great War (wrongly named World War I*) in an effort to maintain control of cheap oil for their Navy. Iraq was purposely formed out of three mutually antagonistic ethnic/religious groups, in the belief that it would make it easier to control them. Even so, there were rebellions against British rule, and Winston Churchill (after WWI) had no compunction in bombing the peoples of those territories. The short-sightedness of western politicians, who usually cannot see further than the next election, is now bringing about this crisis.

until the arabs sort out their own cultural mess.

Indeed! But do not forget that the above - that the west has caused THIS crisis, and if it brings harm to the world, western politicians must be held responsible.

* WWI was really an intra-European War,(some scholars call it a European civil war), in which the European nations fought over the last pathetic bits of the world that had not yet been colonised by their Imperialistic regimes.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I fear the west must butt out and leave the region to its own devises to avoid more innocent bloodshed

I tend to disagree. They tried the strategy of containment with the Hitler, and look how that turned out!

The problem is Islam. If you leave it alone, it will fester into a bigger monster than it already is. A terrible monster with nukes, and an army of nanobots to kill anyone who doesn't agree with its twisted idealogy.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I am glad, at this point at least, we have a President who doesn't see War as the solution to civilization's problems.

It's too bad our closet Islamist in chief Obama probably won't stand up for civilization, and help the people of Iraq to defend themselves from the invading Islamist scum.

• cofty
    cofty

I highly recommend the book "The Great War For Civilisation" by Robert Fisk for a thorough history of the Middle East.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Tootired...not withstanding our own shores of course.

Hitler imo was an entirely different ball game.

• designs
    designs

An old brother in my old Hall worked for the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena Ca.. His job was the rockets to carry WMDs. One day out in Service he commented to a Return Visit- 'yeah Nukes are sexy but its nothing like we've really got'!

I think the Hawk guys on the codes think they can stop any war froming getting really out of hand by dropping MWDs.

Wonder what its like to have the weapons to end life for millions at your fingertips.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Hitler imo was an entirely different ball game.

Why? Given time, and without interference, aren't adherents of Islam capable, and strongly inclined to do the same? Does not their idealogy demand it?

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I think a biblical armageddon referenceah help, yes?

• cofty
    cofty

Wonder what its like to have the weapons to end life for millions at your fingertips

Can you imagine how strange it would be to drop the children off at school, go to a clean, modern office and operate distant drones thousands of miles away. Having dropped bombs on varioius human targets you have to rush off to catch your son's after-school football game.

This is not a fantasy.

• designs
    designs

A work colleague I knew was recalled by the Navy to man one of their stop secret satellite bunkers. He sits in a room far below the surface on a island in San Francisco Bay. While he couldn't speak of specifics he says you can see 'everything' going on on the ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit