80 Year old COBE Layoff Conspiracy

by XBEHERE 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I remember only five or six years ago when I tried to buy my mother a laptop and get her online so we could email photos and stay in touch, my dad gave me a stern look and the hairy eye. Man, what a dirty look he gave me for mentioning how I booked vacations online and encouraging mother to learn to surf the web. If I'd chirped I was smoking and hosting swingers parties, I wouldn't have got a filthier glare. Now, they push tablets and JW.org and mother doesn't even remember how frowned opon this used to be. It's just amazing.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Im 57 and remember everything in detail from late 60s forward so I don't think the age limit has anything to do with old light... at 80 I will be lucky to remember my name... probably more about minds not being as sharp on average and the ability to keep up with changes.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Our COBE is non English speaking and he was couples school graduate.

I think they only people who follow the big boss (CO) and do what they are asked. No more we have done this for 40 years and we are not changing how we have done it!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Magnum: Why won't they just say what the reason is?

Because WT doesn't exactly have an admirable record of candor and transparency.

When it comes to things like why WT needs all of a JWs money even though Armageddon is coming "soon"; why it's going to sell your KH and make you finance a new one even though the one you have is just fine; why it demands $10,000 a day to rent an Assembly Hall that has no mortgage; why a congregation is allowed to keep only $5,000 of its own money in a bank acct. and give the balance to WT; why WT sells over a $billion worth of Brooklyn real estate yet acts like it's broke; or why an 80 y.o. elder cannot be the COBE, WT's attitude is that it's none of the R&F's damn business! There is only one thing a JW needs to remember:

"Listen, obey and be fleeced blessed"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit