Being a JW Used to Be Fun :-)

by snowbird 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    It was only after I grew up that I started realizing (or, perhaps, was willing to admit to myself) that being a dutiful JW was not particularly happifying.
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    I am a born in and I have to say that there has never a moment when I thought being a JW was fun. I have hated every minute of it.
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Rubadub said "I don't know how anyone can consider sitting in Yankee Stadium for a District Convention in the middle of July for 7 days in 100 degree weather fun."

The same that people sit there for Yankees home games in July. Back in the 1950s people wore suits to baseball games.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It was never 100 degrees at our conventions in London , I can assure you! I can recall one in Sth London when a storm blew up so bad that attendants had to hold on to the platform to steady it and you could see parts of the stadium roof breaking off. Of course we stayed until the very end....

To the point. It WAS fun in those days. The End was so close , we really felt it .It was exciting to study "revealed prophecy" in the old books (Pity it was all B.S) In the congs. even as a young elder I learned to apply the rules with a dash of commonsense , we were not micro managed. Perhaps I was lucky , but our meetings often broke out in laughter .

We may have been totally in the wrong..but we enjoyed it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit