Australian Government publishes on official web site the current Jehovah's Witnesses "Handling of Child Abuse" confidential letter to all bodies of elders (October 1, 2012)

by jwleaks 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The current Jehovah's Witnesses official child abuse handling procedure letter to all bodies of elders (October 1, 2012) has been placed into public domain by the Australian (Victoria) government "Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious Oganisations".

Official government web site link to letter:

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/fcdc/inquiries/57th/Child_Abuse_Inquiry/Submissions/Steven_Unthank_Supp_A_Appendix_1.pdf

Short link:

http://goo.gl/rH8Ivc

This means that anyone, anywhere around the world is free to republish and distribute the letter as long as they quote the source.

JW Leaks

www.jwleaks.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is nothing carefully concealed that will not be revealed, and secret that will not become known." - Jesus

Soon ... since 1879

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What's it say?? My device won't open it.

• carla
    carla

marking to print later! thanks!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I never did understand why they need secret elder instructions at all. For anything.

Is it just to make the elders feel special, or do they have something to hide.

Ha, who am I kidding it's both.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's part of how cults work. The higher up the chain you go, the more special knowledge you can have. Keeps people divided and reinforces hierarchy.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Is it just to make the elders feel special, or do they have something to hide

YES and YES.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ha! Isn't this the letter they got all uptight with Cedars' about and filed a DCMA against him? What are they gonna do now? Cry to the government of Australia?

Any lurkers pay close attention to point 13, the elders have their hands tied by the branch by telling them only they can determine who is a 'predator'. How they do this from thousands of miles away is beyond my comprehension. Thus, elders aren't allowed to warn parents unless 'mother' says its OK to do so.

Sick pedo protecting religion.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

So not once does the letter tell the elders to call the authorities (police etc) about abuse even if they are legally mandated to do so, instead they are to call the legal Dept and get advice.

I'm thinking this wont be looked on kindly by the authorities....

• KateWild
    KateWild

This is fabulous that the Australian government have a copy of this, and it is on their site for everyone to view. Do you know if any Austrailian victims have come forward? Is the government helping them sue WT for their policies?

I am sure they must be helping some victims. Any news?

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit