To my friends, some reflections...........

by JPandelo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Justin,
    I have seen many leave the Watchtower and work out their anger to the detriment of time and moving on. I took a year vacation after leaving it, and went to a church, led a normal life, and no one knew I was a Witness until a nosy girl friend figured it out. :-))

Become a real person who can fully interact with our Society. Enjoy family life and be creative with it. Take vacations and plan a lot of fun things to do.

In time you will feel if it is right or not to return to help others. Enjoy your life either way, and bless you!
    Randy Watters

Net Soup

http://www.freeminds.org

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey Randy,

I think Pandelo and you have the same problems.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<ignoring the Fredhall Troll who has long OVERSTAYED HIS WELCOME HERE and is trivializing and minimizing the pain and suffering of us here...>

< I have had 100 times the positive experiences as an ex-JWs than I ever had as a JW ...>

Same here. For all of those who were there for me when I first came to this board; SALUTE!!!

For those who are coming here now, and those many many many who are yet to come here to this

ex-jw M.A.S.H. UNIT

the incoming wounded...

I am here for you. My email is always open.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• brotherman
    brotherman

I agree with your sentiments, Jewel. I like to think of myself as one of the those elders who was truly concerned about the welfare of others and certainly not in the "in" crowd. My efforts to help others lead to my ousting. It's been about 8 months since my departure. I was visited by CO 4 months ago. He wanted to know what happened to me.
    My response was, 'for the first time I am truly happy. My family is happy and that's all that matters.' Needless to say, he was speechless. My point is, like some many others.....Just be happy and dont think about the unhappiness!!

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Yes, Justin, I agree with you regarding the Watchtower. We chose to walk away after years in the Organization, and years of watching the Watchtower slowly try to suck the life out of our family. We came to a point, at least I did initially, where it felt if I stayed they would surely kill me. They were surely killing my husband. After walking away, yes, it truly was difficult, as I took much pressure from close friends and even you yourself, my son. But I felt those feelings you express now. I needed to live my life and enjoy my family, and also continue to be there to support those broken in spirit by the WAtchtower. At my age I feel the years I have ahead of me I can happily say I and my huband have broken the cycle of sexual abuse that persisted because of Clement Pandelo and his family of elders and other relatives who hid and covered for him. We broke the cycle and came forward to tell what he has done and what the Watchtowr did to protect him. We broke the cycle of sexual and spiritual abuse in our family. In doing that I have found joy in seeing my children make that break in the cycle continue into the lives of their future children. Although our family has endured much pain, we have also grown in inner strength. I have also gained wonderful new friendships in my community and through the newly discovered interests we now enjoy in our lives. I also feel that along with the delights of discovering new interests outside the Watchtower, new strengths, and abilities, we have also derived deep satisfaction in being in the position to help countless victims have the courage to do what they feared doing all the years of abuse. Good things can always grow out of tragedy, and exposing the scourge of sexual abuse in the Organization that blatantly told us "you are a unique case and we are learning so much about the issue of child abuse." Little did we know they had been hiding it for decades before. If our experience can help a little bit that I can say our life made a differnce. My husband and I made some kind of a difference by speaking out and fighting for what was right. And that is all anyone can do. Be there for our fellow man, for greater love has no man than to give there life in behalf of others. Watchtower may think they can "kill" our family, but only in their own twisted belief. They can never kill our spirit, and the joy we recieve helping those who are broken. I look forward also to many years of sharing new joys with my family without Watchtower legalistic rules and oppression.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    What I have seen the Watchtower turn elders, overseers, and the governing body themselves into are cold shells of human beings that care not for their flock. It is about position, rank, power, money, and ego. It is for this reason it has made me ashamed of what they have become, and what I wanted to aspire to.

This was my experience too. The feeling at the time was one of emptiness, as if all my energy had drained out of me, such was the shame of being one of a group that had proudly borne the name of an elder and shepherd, yet so harshly treated the flock.

In time, you learn to move on but you never forget.

Thanks, Justin, for taking the time to post this. And thanks for e-mail, too!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Wonderful post Justin. It does make you think very deeply.

-Rick

• Prisca
    Prisca
    My husband and I made some kind of a difference by speaking out and fighting for what was right. And that is all anyone can do. Be there for our fellow man, for greater love has no man than to give there life in behalf of others.

I thought this statement was outstanding. Thank you to the Pandelo family members who decided to stand up and be there for their fellow silentlambs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit