Jason Cobb on the new tithing arrangement (this is good!)

by Rufus T. Firefly 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Rufus T. Firefly
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Thanks for the link. There is also a link on that site to a recording of the letter being read and the discussion and resolution. Notice how the elder spins it to seem like a loving provision.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Notice how the elder spins it to seem like a loving provision.

I believe Pol Pot, Hitler and others used the same exact reasoning when they did what they did too. Tyrants always spin their agenda as being a good thing.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Many on this board were thinking this would wake people up. But after listening to the way this was presented I highly doubt it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be by all angles that this new donation arrangement is designed to pull in more money, which seems a bit odd being that the WTS.

has never been as rich.

But like its been said this is Jah's loving arrangement. Jah seems very concerned about money and his publishing house the WTS.

The WTS. even had enough balls to quote certain bible Scriptures to make all seems so righteous and holy.

Basically what it is is just another way to drag money out of people's pockets to support the WTS's real estate investments.

The question that hits many JWS is why doesn't some money ever go to help the poor and needy in society ?

• MissFit
    MissFit

What I found interesting was that Jason Cobb understood the basic scam but it doesn't sound like he realizes the scam started from the top.

He thinks "weeds" have sprung up amount the"wheat" he still is not connecting the dots or is unwilling to admit it yet.

• Splash
    Splash

Interesting audio.

Firstly, this 'anonymous' survey requires that you turn in your donation slip to individual elders - No anonymity.

Secondly, "The elders have decided to forward our bank saving to the society, which we have saved for our remodel".

Splash.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Splash, we had no anonymity in our 'anonymous' survey too. We were asked to reply to an email or personally hand a slip to our elders. I refused to turn in a slip.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Does anyone know if there was an outline for this part in addition to the BOE letter?

That elder gave a well crafted presentation.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ MF: What I found interesting was that Jason Cobb understood the basic scam but it doesn't sound like he realizes the scam started from the top

This was Jason's error throughout the entire Menlo Park cong. scandal. I don't know if he deliberately let WT off the hook so as to avoid further legal troubles with WT or if it is what he actually believes.

What he fails to realize is, if the MP Cong. scandal was a local matter unkown to WT, why is it WT did nothing to correct it when Cobb and others exposed it? And, why did WT disfellowship Cobb and others for doing the right thing while simultaneously protecting the very elders at the center of the scandal?

The fact is, if the corruption did not come from the top down it would be handled and corrected immediately rather than allowed to remain as status quo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit