If I asked for a loan from the WBTS would they give it to me?

by objectivetruth 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

If this were the "Organization" that Jesus chose in 1914.. Err 1919, wouldn't the principles that he laid out while on earth apply to this Organization as well?

Matthew 5:42 " Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you."

So if JW's all asked for loans from the Org, every now and then, it would be the Orgs responsibility to grant those Loans (Interest Free). Of course they would say, "If we did this, we would eventually give all of our money to the poor"

Matthew 19:21 " Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They do have protocols for financially helping the very poorest of the members n dire need. But this is so rare you never ever hear of it and I am half sure the money comes from the elders own pockets when it happens locally.

I would be amazed if it happened ever....ever...ever...

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

Are you kidding me?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I don't think so.

zed

• talesin
    talesin

When I was young (haha, well, the 70s), there was a large family - 5 kids, very poor. They lived in a house next door to the KH, owned by one of the ruling elders (the family was big in construction and wealthy).

They had no money for furnace oil, and the winters here are severe. The father asked the wealthy, powerful elder if he could help them out. He was told that Jehovah provides spirtually, but it was not his responsibility to take care of their physical needs.

FACT.

Help their poor? Ahahaha - maybe in some fantasyland, far, far away ...........

tal

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Good Story talesin.. I guess that Elder didn't know Matthew 6:33 " Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

All of these churches including the WT now supports "tithing" or some form of donations, what they neglect to support, is the fact that tithing is intended for all members of the congregation that are ever in need..

Acts 2:45 " And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need."

• Magnum
    Magnum

They are so far removed from that that it's inconceivable.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

ask them for a loan, in which universe would that be?

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

This would be the best way to DA yourself. Write a letter stating the above scripture and begging to borrow $5000 dollars because you need a new car in order that you can pioneer. When they refuse in writing give the letter as reason for your DA as you can't fathom how Jehovah's earthly organization doesn't follow Jesus' basic teachings.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Talesin, that is exactly hiw the eleer here treat the poor. Pray about it! Ask God and he will provide.

Granted a few brothers might help with a person home repair or mow a few yards. Sister will clean an elderly person home. KH never gives money. Individual might feel sorry for someone and give money and the Kh will try to take some form of credit.

Never!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit