Were you surprised when you went in service for the first time....

by Muddy Waters 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• factfinder
    factfinder

I remember the first door I spoke at- I was so nervous I did not even say hello! Of course the man was not interested but the sister who worked with me told me I did a good job. Not far away my brother also had his first time talking at the door!

I was not disappointed but when I first heard them talking about field service at the meetings for some reason having picnics in the park came to mind!

I remember sisters doing the pioneer shuffle, you have to enjoy the time, see the flowers, the sky, etc. Of course the pios had to get their time in.

I loved during rural territory, the long ride to the territory, only having to get out once or twice as we took turns & waited in the car. I liked that!

Of course stopping for coffee and toasted bran muffins was a highlight! Eventually it morphed into going out for lunch after fs, which made getting up early and going door to door worth it!

Sometimes I did feel relieved when no one answered the doors.

designs- that was some experience you had!

• kaik
    kaik

I never went with parents, but with other elders. We usually did hiking tour through the countryside, talked about bible, and religious things. We had only handfull of WT publication and JW was in illegality. So we had to share. JW would sent elders into area that did not had any organization. There were cities which did not had anyone. We did not knock on the door, but usually chatted with people along the way. I heard horror stories of elders who were chased by gang of gypsies, got beaten up, were arrested by police for distributing illegal publications (they were looked upon as heroes), bitten by dogs..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I first started field circus, it wasn't that way--the dingbat I was working with was excessively aggressive. That thing was also quite efficient. But, coming off of the last Saturn Sagittarius transit, that was not to be surprised. Even though Saturn had entered Capricorn (barely) just as I started field circus, it was in Sagittarius when I started studying and the dingbat was still used to getting its way in field circus. Thus, it was a time when field circus was carried out more aggressively.

However, soon in, I noticed that it was a lot of aimless driving around. Saturn was moving a bit farther into Capricorn and going retrograde (it did back into Sagittarius for a couple of months), and there was quite a bit of wasted time. Saturn back in Sagittarius, they had a talk about grouping calls together so less time would be wasted, and one about getting the group out in 15 minutes. That didn't last--not only Saturn left Sagittarius for good, but people reverted to wasting a lot of time. By then, I was used to the fact that field circus was an endless time waster that was intended to go in circles while robbing people of their time. Still necessary, but inefficient.

With Saturn headed back toward Sagittarius this coming Christmas, I hope they don't go back to the aggressive zero-waste approach. Especially with hounder-hounders going after inactive people (this time, they have extra time that used to be used on boasting sessions to work with). And, with the tendency for this to lead to system shakeups (such as the financial system) along with shakeups in personal beliefs (explaining why so many people became jokehovians during the 1985-88 period), it is going to be interesting to see what happens when they combine a zero-waste approach to get everyone out in field circus (and probably pious-sneering) with the prospect of a dollar that doesn't buy anything. It will be interesting to see if people are still going like snails during this period, and how they will cope if and when the whole financial system goes kaput.

And, if Internet II is implemented. Net neutrality is under attack, again. They are giving the Internet to the UN, which is about communism on a global scale. And, if we get hyperinflation, who is going to work the servers for toilet papers and invest real assets (gold, silver) into the system in exchange for worthless toilet papers? It will be interesting to see what happens by the time Saturn enters Capricorn again in late 2017--I can only hope someone is able to look back, post "Well, Saturn is now in Capricorn, and the washtowel hasn't seized everyone."

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

The pioneer crawl!

• steve2
    steve2

I exhibit my pedantry when I ask, Wasn't it called the "Pioneer Shuffle"? Well it was in New Zealand, a phrase I thought was borrowed from the USA. I guess whichever way you look at it, they sure won't ever moving fast or with undue efficiency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit