Reasons for staying In?

by objectivetruth 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

backseatdevil...

"So from my view, the reasons for staying in would be lack of strength to leave, lack of education, social stability, or trying to "keep the peace" between family members (although if staying in is the only thing keeping the family at peace, it's prehaps best to just RUN AWAY and start a new family, lol)."

That is awesome!!

If your family or friends will disown you for not believing in 1914, or some other vapid "truth" than they are not really your friend or family.

pbrow

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No one has made an effort,to defend their faith using the Bible.

That about sums it up. All the hallmarks of a cult. Blind obedience and all the propaganda and thought reform has worked wonders.

Next the koolaid.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• KateWild
    KateWild

Many JWs stay because they are completely delluded. They think the have the real truth and they are down trodden doormats to the GB. Others stay in because they love the power that comes with their position, they are generally liars and don't care about fellow JWs.

JWs who know TTATT stay in because they are trapped and figuring out an exit plan.

When I learned TTATT it took me a few months to plan my exit and then I was gone for good.

Kate xx

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

JWs who know TTATT stay in because they are trapped and figuring out an exit plan.

Yes. For some, the cost of leaving is almost too high, either emotionally or financially. For example, the financial cost of losing one's family through divorce is too high a risk. Only after one mentally accepts the risk can one actually pull the trigger on leaving. This is pretty hard for some people, including me.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Any change in life has a cost that comes with it, right? For some people being a JW isn't as hard as for others, so they don't see any need to confront the issues and make such a big change in their life. I'm personally convinced that the real, unspoken reason why most Witnesses stay is fear of disapproval from everyone they know when they DA or are DFed. Shame is a powerful motivator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit