Death in the Family

by sooner7nc 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Today my extended family lost someone much too young. My 18 month old cousin Bryler fell in a swimming pool yesterday and was missing for several minutes before he was discovered. His Mom and Grandmother and several other family members performed CPR and tried to revive him while waiting on the ambulance (Which took quite a while as they live in the backwoods of southern Oklahoma). The ER staff worked on him for an hour and finally got a pulse so he was flown to Baylor Dallas, put on life support, and never woke up. He didn't have any brain activity and was taken off of life support this afternoon. So fucking sad. I want to rage against something but just feel empty now.

I think one of the things that kept me tied to the WT long after I had given up on it was my Best Friend D., he was a year older than me, my cousin, and the person whom I loved and looked up to the most in the world. He was also, like me, a Witness and I hung on a long time because I couldn't imagine doing anything that would hurt him. I miss him terribly.

He died June 10th 2004. Bryler would have been his 1st Grandson.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So sorry. Tragic.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So sorry to hear of the tragedy.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Sooner, I'm so sorry!!!

• zebagain
    zebagain

My heartfelt condolences. May the memories of the little one at his best be warming to you all.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thank You All

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

So sorry to hear this. This is just beyond tragic. My son was a very active toddler and this was always one of my worst fears.

My condolences to your family was well.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I am so sorry for yr loss

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

What an unbelievable, painful loss. I am grieving for that little boy and all his family. It is terrible for you all.

Marina

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Fellow Okie here. Sorry for your loss and condolences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit