Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom - RC 2014 - Saturday

by OwnAccord 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What a waste of time that is, it's the same old same old, and where's the goods on exactly what the Kngdumb has been up to for the last 100 years? Looks like the next 900 years of it will also pass unnoticed too.

• Prefect
    Prefect

Thanks OwnAccord for the summery of the assembly.

Was there a reason given for the new recording od song 92?

Prefect

• Laika
    Laika

I know a few JWs that will be upset that karaoke night is now banned.

• blondie
    blondie

It might be harder to hide the Proclaimers book in this day of technology...but jws are trained to toss or store away old information...can history get old?

There will probably never be anything in the WT publications about the WTS "joining" the UN. Only sovereign entities can do that not corporations. But they willl also never reveal that the WTS was associated as nongovernmental organization (NGO) that has to support the UN charter which has a part on military actions.

I'm sure they do know they have to hide certain information better by separating the pieces and scattering them all over. Most jws only even were exposed to the info in the Proclaimers book because it was on the TMS and talk #1. But they could have slept through that. Some ex-jws said they left the WTS after reading the book though.

http://www.freeminds.org/history/proclaimers.htm

The WTS replaced the Aid to Bible Understanding book with the 2 volume Insight book...to "update" so I can see the same happening and then the Proclaimers book will be taken off the CD and removed on the 10-year CD on jw.org. All they have to do is wait for the jw boomer generation to die off.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Disturbing to see this escalating pattern of equivocating the organisation's accomplishments over the last 100 years with the rule of God's Kingdom.

God's Kingdom = the organisation.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Thanks, OwnAccord, you are a trooper!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thanks

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In their little "history" book, I hope they include Armageddon not coming in 1914 as expected, 1925's failure of the princes to show up so Rutherford guarded the house for them, 1975, joining the United Nations, removing someone from the Governing Body, and a running tab on how they have had to change "this generation" over the years.

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

Sorry about not answering the questions earlier, but:

Was the book printed in Wallkill? - Not sure where it was printed sorry.

Is the book pocket size or magazine size? - The book is magazine size

Someone else asked about the reason for the new recording of song 92 - This is what was mentioned, "Now the song doesn't stop ans [sic] it's like a little march"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Reading that review...it seems that most of the dubs that I know well, too well?, are not in line for " The Kingdom".. Negativity, 'elder-bashing' reviling, grumbling about the political state of things...anti immigration and Islamaphobia are what bubbles to the surface when they really speak their mind . Of course it is a different mask at the Kingdom Hall.

Dear me, are they still on about this?

INTERVIEW: With young brother who was into rap music. Had to cut it out association with those who like bad music then had to cut out all music as it was

a temptation.

We had all this in the 60's & 70's and the music they derided then is now revered as classics . They never learn do they?

BTW.. Thanks to OwnAccord for a cracking review. I could never be so detailed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit