I had a very interesting conversation with a relative today about a Hall that was just about to have a refurbishment before the new KH/AH funding arrangament

by joe134cd 32 Replies latest members private

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I had a very interesting conversation this morning with a relative with regard to a Hall that was just about to be scheduled for a re-furb just before the new funding arrangement was announced. Of course there was nothing wrong with the hall the way it was other than a few minor repairs. A refurb was a total waste of time and money. The hall had only just recently been built a few years back. Anyway my relative was telling me of a conversation she had with an elder at the meeting the other night when the electrical system was playing up and on inspection found that it needed repairs. This relative was telling me the elder offered "to come and do the necessary repairs at his own time and expense because with the new arrangment he didn't think the repairs would be done quick enough, and he also didn't think they would be getting a refurbishment any time soon". Telling comments indeed and i think it sort of confirms everyone's suspicions of the terminating of quickly built and refurbished KH. The dirty rat bags.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

IMO, refurbs are over. When the congos were paying for them and the Org was making a profit with each one, they were quick to recomment or force the congo to refurb entire halls when there was no need for it. Now i'm pretty sure they will start to strictly replace only what is really essential.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Redvip=it's almost like you took the words right out of my mouth. What ever made you come to that conclusion. What was totally surprising was that I wasn't expecting the dubbies to cotton onto things so quickly, that it's a system of a lot of giving with little receiving. I'm just so glad I never got to carried away with how much I gave those dirty rat bags.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This relative was telling me the elder offered "to come and do the necessary repairs at his own time and expense because with the new arrangment he didn't think the repairs would be done quick enough, and he also didn't think they would be getting a refurbishment any time soon".

.......................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

There is no money in refurbs anymore; they will go away.

zed

• hoser
    hoser

There will still be refurbs, just in some other unverifiable location.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Zed = exactly as this experience highlights.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

it is starting to look like whoeber said gb was scrambling was right...head quarters must know a revolt is brewing and people dont agree with their money grubbing...

• finally awake
    finally awake

The saddest bit is that he was willing to pony up his own money to pay for the repairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit