Do you still keep in touch with the Witnesses?

by Iamallcool 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I avoid it wherever and whenever I can. They are my cryptonite.

The longer the gaps between contact, the more foolish, stupid, closed-minded, unkind, rude, obnoxious, self-sbsorbed, they appear.

If I suffer the misfortune of having to deal with one I am gracious, polite, smile and nod and then patiently, calmly wait til they're out of visual range

then............RRRUUUNN as fast as my little legs can carry me.

• wanderlust
    wanderlust

Only [some] of the ones that are family members. When I left, I pretty much did a preemptive reverse shun. I sometimes lament having wasted so much time on superficial, conditional friendships, but it is what it is.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Only the ones that are out :) There is one elder that will call me every memorial to invite me and another that is on my FB and will PM me from time to time

• stillin
    stillin

I find myself missing some of the good people who have chosen the Witness lifestyle. But that friendship drains me. I find that I have to keep my mouth shut to avoid coming across as "negative." I can forgive them for their lack of objectivity but they can't overlook a thought that they have never heard before. I really don't want the apostate label. I just want freedom of speech.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

I don't keep in touch with anyone, including my family who are 4th generation witnesses. (Well, I do stay in contact with my sister). Other than that, Nothing.

I do miss the get togethers that we used to have at not only my house but a few others also. Serving as an elder, I had a list of names and addresses and I always invited everyone in the congregation to get-to-gathers (Not Parties) (Well, until after 10:00p.m.). This met with several comments about why I had invited "them"; they didn't come to the meetings. Since the early 1990's WTBTS has done their best to stamp out any gatherings.

I feel like I'm in a vacuum, I've let go of the old, and haven't grabbed on to the new. The last witness "friend" that I tried to visit with recognized that I had this, as he said, "new truth", and told me that he couldn't associate with me any more. Easy come, easy go.

I guess they could say that I shunned them first after moving one thousand miles away without telling anyone. Interestingly, I grew up in this city and watched many of them come into the troof, and not one has tried to contact me.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have no anger toward the individuals, but I have no reasons to keep contact. I faded to keep communication with JW relatives.

I tried to maintain friendship with my best friend, but he turned out to be a conditional JW best friend. I made new friends. I don't need them in my life.

• umadevi
    umadevi

I have not contacted any JWs since i left in May 2011. Just a few days ago two JW friends gave a surprise visit to my office. One of them is inactive now and stopped attending meetings and the other said that she has to stay in as her whole family is JW. They seemed friendly and I responded in the same manner. I don't know if they have hidden agenda.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

No

:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit