Is it true that the GB is soon planning on ditching the 1914 doctrine?

by yogosans14 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karter
    karter

They can ditch it as fast as they did 1975 when that didn't come true.

Karter.

• millie210
    millie210

I think they are being fairly quiet about it rignt now, considering this is the BIG Anniversary.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

My guess is that post 2017 (once Walkill is finished) they will simply drop it. Just no longer mention it. If they have no doctrine to replace it with then just dropping it will be the easiest option.

Maybe saying, let's wait and see. Like they did with the King of the North. Indefinetly park it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Many years ago in the back of my mind I committed to leave if the end did not come before 2014. I suspect that I was not alone in this personal commitment.

Fortunately for me, I did the math and decided not to wait. While I regret not learning TTATT earlier, at least I was able to create a wonderful life when I am young enough to enjoy it.

So, what does this have to do with the topic? Perhaps nothing, but perhaps it describes a very big problem for our friends in Brooklyn and/or Patterson; 2014 is a very big deal. Bigger than many people think. They need to acknowledge the date (which they are) but they also need to move on and forget those eating their dust.

The financial machine of the Watchtower society cannot be sentimental, they need to move to the next pot of gold and hope that someone does not trip them in their pursuit.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Dont underestimate the spin the WTB&TS , or should I say , JW.ORG , can put on past statements / doctrines etc. We have seen it all before and we will no doubt see it again .

Refreshers

The late 1800`s , the end of 6000 years of human history

1914 Armageddon , all International Bible Students going to heaven. (International Bible Students ,later named jehovahs witnesses )

1925 the year faithfull men of old such as Abraham,Issac ,and jacob , were to be resurrected and be princes in the earth.

Beth Sarim was to house them.

Every disaster , whether it be natural or global was an indication that armageddon was just around the corner till the 2nd world war.

Initially that was bringing on armageddon , until it was evident , that was not going to happen .

Then 1975 was re-invented as 6000 years of humans existence on earth , and how appropiate it would be for Jesus Christ to start his 1000 year reign .

It would only be a matter of months ,not years when this would occur.

Then Armageddon was going to be upon us before the year 2000

So to answer your question , yes they can ditch the 1914 doctrine anytime they want and the faithfull will not bat an eyelid .

Thats how indoctrinated they are .

smiddy

• inbetween
    inbetween

the only doctrine that never ever will change:

obey Gods channel the FDS !

everything else is only temporary

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

1914 has already been ditched. We have divorced any significant events from that date with the latest teachings. It used to be that 1914 was the beginning of the great tribulation, separating of sheep and goats, Christ's return. Now it is now of those things. Heck the FDS hasn't even been appointed by Christ yet. as time goes on 1914 will fade. It's being used this year to draw attention to 100 years of kingdom rule. It exists solely for marketing purposes. After this year 1914 will have Become insignificant. Many young JWs no longer believe the end is coming soon. i think many here who believe the organization can't fold are underestimating what will happen after this year.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ask any JW "how do you boil a frog?" and they will answer "slowly".

Well......... they should know, they have been boiling frogs for a century now.

The GB know better than anyone that small, incremental changes over time is how you pull-off the ole switcharoo without anyone noticing.

If the angel apocolypse does'nt happen in the next few years- no biggie, Kermit is already on simmer.

They actually plan ahead for future lies and cover-ups.

• dozy
    dozy

The longer the year recedes into the past , the less relevant it will become. I think maybe in 10 years time the WTBTS will quietly dump it - simply by the old strategy that Albert Shroeder mentioned of just not mentioning it any more.

As one of the posters has said - most 2nd / 3rd generation JWs aren't bothered anyway. It's just a social thing really.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What rumour, by whom? This is about the 20th post I've seen since I started on this forum approx 10 years about a 'rumour' they are about to ditch 1914.

Pfft.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit