WTS buys £1,000,000 luxury sea-front property in Wales, UK

by Simon 157 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Laika
    Laika

It's possible that the Society intend to 'invest' in several locations worldwide with this just being the first we've heard about.

• 88JM
    88JM

Coming soon - time-share deals for translation offices used as JW holiday camps with glossy brochures etc.

Then it's one step away from JW convents and kool-aid at Jonestown.

Maybe that's why they bought somewhere by the coast - easy to dump the bodies or go over a cliff?

• bigmac
    bigmac

oh--i do so want this to go ahead----i cant imagine a worse decision by the cult than this.

if its publicised properly---i can see real damage here in the UK-----just what possible reason could they have for this ridiculous purchase.

brothers---be prepared to be seriously stumbled . bring it on !

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In view of the fact that the WTS. has sold many of its branches around the world, as well just about all of its holding properties

in Brooklyn New York, the WTS. is now flooded with cash, more available usable money on hand that it ever has in its

entire history. $$$$$$

It would also be logical to assume that the body of its members do not know of this recent build up of wealth

The WTS. was always secretively shy about exposing its wealth to the members, in fact the encouragement to give more

continues irregardless of the millions the WTS. has already.

The UK branch of the WTS . is one of the branches that is particularly rich so dropping a mil on a house for the

pleasure and comfort of the privileged class of JWS is not surprising.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I really hope this is true and gets exposed right after the news hits about the "gissus all yer money" donations change. Get conversation starter for the pub.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Why would a facility be needed at all to accomplish this task? Can't the translators work at home using their computers and meet in person in their living rooms if needed?

This is reminding me of Jim & Tammy Faye Baker, and the wt's criticism of it.

• Simon
    Simon

It's not wrong for the WTS to be investing in property etc... but what IS wrong is not being honest about it and funding it from requests for donations for other purposes and claiming charitable status.

It's also practicing the very thing that they criticise other churches for so I think it should be highlighted and people should be aware of it - it's the sort of thing that makes people question their motives and rightly so.

When congregations are being shut down and old sisters forced to travel to attend meetings, fleeced of their savings etc... it doesn't tally with them buying loxury property to be enjoyed by a select few.

• Simon
    Simon

I can confirm that it was mentioned at the local assembly day that there is a new 'local translation unit' opening which tallies with this original post.

They didn't go into specific details of where it was, perhaps because it would be embarrassing, and focused instead on the new more well-known facilities down south.

There are other interesting facts about this that I can't share yet ... but stay tuned !

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

was that the llandudno assembly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit