Electronic KMs Now Being Provided By Org to R&F?

by pronomono 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pronomono
    pronomono

I received a call from my book study conductor the other day asking for my email address so that he could start sending electronic copies of the KM to me. Has anyone else received calls like this? I've missed quite a few meeting (it's been nice) so am unaware if any letter has been read. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was late to the game on this one for me. In hindsight, searching for electronic KMs is in part what led me to this sight and started my quest for learning more about TTATT.

• Splash
    Splash

The OKM is now on jworg as a pdf and epub.

Only those with permissions can access these, so the new arrangement is for these to be sent to those who are entitled to them. This was confirmed by letter to all BoE's.

Many congregations don't do this yet because after having being told for years that the internet is bad, education is bad and electronic devices are Satan's snare, there are few in each congregation who have the mental ability or technical means to download and email them out.

Splash.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

I am still "in" and a MS. I have been asking for PDF km for about a year now. Elders in my hall are too lazy to provide it, so I have to umm.. *mumbles under breath* go to an apostate site to get it.

Kinda retarded...

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

My friend whose an elder went around to people who use iPads at the meeting and asked if we wanted the electronic copy so he could take our names off the list which will save paper. This happened late last year.

• fakefading
    fakefading

I'm an MS and all the MS in my congregation have access to the KM. All we do is login and download them in any language.

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

It's kind of funny that some have to go to an apostate site to get the KM, because the elders are to lazy to send an email.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Our cong is old school. Won't give ms access to login. Said BOE letter only said we could have access if we NEEDED it. They decided we didn't need it. Kinda have to bite tongue when I read BOE letter myself here , but I can't reference it because I'm not supposed to know what it says.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Elders have had the permission to pass the KM on. If they are not then it's lazy.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Yeah, I knew that the society was providing these to elders. I had to help one of our technically impaired elders get some things from the website when I was over at his house about a year ago. I was still a MS at the time, and happened to see it then, but didn't ask about it. I was more curious as to why my bookstudy overseer (I guess group overseer now) all of the sudden decided to ask me if I wanted it.

I have to say I'm pretty obvious about having it. I never bring a paper copy to the meetings. I openly look at it during meetings. They have to know that it's not officially provided to R&F except through elders and servants with access to the secure side of jw.org . I would have thought that someone would put the pieces together by now and start questioning how I have all the KMs for the meeting when I shouldn't have them.

• St George of England
    St George of England

At my KH you have to be a regular publisher and regular meeting attender in order to get a copy of the KM.

The elders are not the most computer literate and we often have letters read weeks after other congregations.

They are probably unaware of their availability on jw.org

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit