New Atlanta Assembly Hall Has raised 3.4 million Dollars... GONE

by James Jackson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• neverendingjourney
  • Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I doubt "the friends" will even question the new arrangement.

As for Ray Nagin (cutest mayor ever), he made news over here in SWFL.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Atl has used the Dalton Conventon center for many years. Will this mean they stop using that if one is indeeed built?

asan aside, James was your CO visit this past weekend?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There is the Conyers Assembly Hall off I-20 just east of Atlanta and they were planning the West Georgia Assembly Hall around Rome GA.

I saw the letter that said they raised 3.4 million. I thought, what a waste, why not give it to those who need it, such as an animal shelter.

When I heard that the circuit assemblies were one day, I figured that they would conclude that there is no need for a new assembly hall for just that. I hope that is right and they don't build it.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

The New Assembly Hall would serve the West side of Georgia (I-75 as a boundry), and Montgomery, Birmingham AL area.

They are trying to sell the Assembly Hall in Bessemer AL.

• sir82
    sir82

They are trying to sell the Assembly Hall in Bessemer AL.

So the transformation from religious publishing corporation to religious real estate corporation is nearly complete.

It seems the speculation on this board was correct - the business plan is to buy cheap property on the edge of the boondocks, build a shiny new assembly hall in a format that can be easily converted into an exhibition hall or conference center, wait until infrastructure expands out to it, then sell. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• stillin
    stillin

The area where my "home congregation" is had barely finished building an assembly hall in Salisbury, NC, a long drive from here, when the circuit lines were moved around and we were told of the privilege we had of helping to fund the construction of a NEW assembly hall over near Florence, SC!

Now that that one is finished, I wonder what the next privilege will be.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

So the transformation from religious publishing corporation to religious real estate corporation is nearly complete.

"Listen, obey pay, and be blessed".

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Bessemer was a horrible place, I can't see how they can make any money on it's sale. Years ago I was told the cost of upkeep wasn't worth it but it had to resale value.

im amazed that SC can have two and yet Ga only has one assembly hall. In the past I assumed that it was because GA had nice rental facilities available, but I was always shocked at far they were willing to make people drive. for example Rome or Bessemer.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

There was another thread on here awhile back about the assembly hallin Guadalajara that y'all might find interesting...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/278950/1/Misappropriation-of-funds-Project-for-an-Assembly-Hall-in-Guadalajara#.U2EFBPldUnE

Big money scams...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit