Guess What? Elders Can't Get Clergy Insurance !

by metatron 17 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.americanprofessional.com/clergy/

Elders don't qualify for clergy malpractice insurance, even if they wanted it. No Divinity School degree.

All we need is a flurry of very public lawsuits against elders and the Organization goes over a cliff. Godspeed to that.

metatron

• sir82
    sir82

Shoot, just getting the word out that elders' could be held liable for civil damages ought to do the trick.

Most elders that I know are definitely under the impression that "mother" has their back.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Interesting idea metatron. If elders owned a house, I wonder if personal liability insurance would cover them? If elders could not get coverage for clergy insurance nor personal liability insurance would cover them for their elder activities, maybe exJWs should write them emails to warn them about how financially risky this "System" could be for them waiting for the Big "A".

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• metatron
    metatron

If the Society fails to support any elder who gets sued - including paying for THEIR share of any successful lawsuit - then a letter writing campaign could devastate the Organization.

And if they do give full support to elders? Then they're on the hook for payment. Either way, they're screwed.

metatron

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Amen to that.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Now we just need to be able to sue for misinformation and being misled. From medicine, to education to science and world history....they have outright lied and misled.

I would be in a court in a flash.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Metatron, great point!

Note this from the American Professional Agency, Inc. website:

LEADERS IN PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY / MALPRACTICE INSURANCE

Clergy and Pastoral Counseling Professional Liability Insurance Program

Qualifications for clergy and pastoral counselors professional liability insurance require a minimum of a Masters in divinity or a Masters in theology. Please refer to our rate charts which list the applicable degrees as well as the areas of coverage under each Group heading. We offer great rates with multiple premium discounts.

Most JW elders barely graduated high school!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ordinarily, the litigousness of modern society makes me shake my head and roll my eyes, but once in a while...

(BTW, I didn't know "clergy insurance" was even a thing)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

from another website ... http://simpledime.com/liability-insurance/

Most underwriters have two requirements: 1) at least one staff member needs to have a seminary degree and 2) the church needs to submit a formal typed plan on childcare precautions.

I guess that leaves the elders out. If they only knew the potential legal liability they are exposed to.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

I'm not sure where I read it, but I saw somewhere that the society has just recently said they will no longer be backing the elders when child abuse claims come out, etc. and that the elders are on their own if it goes to court. No lawyer backing from HQ. I'm not sure where I saw it. Maybe on a post here or JWSurvey...I'll have to find it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit