Letters to the Body of Elders (BOE) - Change in Letterhead

by Oubliette 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is unusual. I doubt both sources. I strongly suggest to take this with a grain of salt.

this goes against a tradition of strict control. There's no good reason for the GB to do this. None.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

^ It's very true, no reason to doubt it.

• tunnistaja.ee
    tunnistaja.ee

To my knowledge we do not need to suspect document authenticy any more because it's not the documents that leak but jw.org credentials. So the docs are just downloads from the very source.

• KateWild
    KateWild

The letter that was sent out about donations on 29th March 2014, had Christian Cong as the letter head. It's in Italian, but I am quietly confident I am right. The letter head must be based on whether or not they are making a change based on scripture IMO. If they use a scripture it means that it is holy spirit directing the FDS, GB, of the new change. If they don't use a scripture then it's the Christian Cong.

Regardless, the org are showing inconsistence in a variety of areas, so to have aparant inconsitency in this case is no surprise. After all it's a cult.

Kate xx

http://www.mediafire.com/view/bxlaegxybgj5mjx/2014_BOE_March_29th_Donations.pdf

• Weana
    Weana

Wasn't a similar letterhead used a few years ago when they skipped, I mean, merged book study?

• lrkr
    lrkr

More legal insulation. The GB is a group of guys that have all taken a vow of poverty. They have no assets to speak of- not a very tempting target for a lawsuit. The corporation- which likely does own assets- has no paper trail connection to the appointment of elders and congregation governance.

• sir82
    sir82

I doubt both sources. I strongly suggest to take this with a grain of salt.

this goes against a tradition of strict control. There's no good reason for the GB to do this. None.

It is absolutely real, it was read aloud to congregations after this week's WT study.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

doesnt surprise me.

In the court case in Victoria , Australia they not only denid that the FDS existed, but that there is no Christian Congragation of Jwitlesses.

Lets face it they aint Christian, so why worry about them telling the truth for once??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit